Santa Rosa Plateau Trail to Monument Hill

Santa Rosa Plateau Trail to Monument Hill is a 6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Murrieta, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Did this with a jogging stroller on the main trails and it was great, there was only one spot where we had to pick up the stroller and carry it over maybe like 20 feet of rocky terrain then back down.

great time ,kids loved it ,beautiful place that's local and easy for my 4 and 5 ur. old to walk

It was definitely fun! Next time to the adobes!

Excellent trail. Hiked about 5 miles. Went to see the Adobes.

Very easy, good for family/kids. There’s nice views of the mountains and just an all around beautiful place. Planning on returning in the spring.

This is a great place just to be outdoors. I always see some type of animal. Coyotes, deer, tarantulas, etc. No part of this place is difficult and I don't even really consider it a hike but the views are great and the visitor center is nice to visit.

Fun quick hike with a couple friends. The weather was cloudy and perfect.

Great trail, fees at entrance for use. We went during the summer so most of the water was dried up, we were bummed about that but still pretty.

Great trail. Wide and long. Beautiful scenery with awesome historic adobe and end of trail. Also have outdoor concerts in summer. Kid friendly. Diffinately will be back.

Fun little hike with nice scenery.

There are so many trails to choose from! Today my friend and I did a three-mile hike from the visitor center down Waterline Road to Tenaja Truck Trail, then across Clinton Keith Road to Sylvan Meadows and back to the visitor center via Old Cattle Trail and Tovashal Trail. Took us about 1.5 hours but we didn't push it too hard -- just enjoyed the scenery :)

Been there many times is just beautiful

Amazingly beautiful! You feel like you are in paradise. The trails are awesome. Look at the photos I posted!

Hiked to Monument Hill with cub scouts, nice trail gorgeous views and just enough in the 3 mile round trip for a group ages 6-10.

Thursday, February 16, 2017

if you like rolling hills, then this is a good hike for you. I generally like to go where there is a body of water. it was easy though and was nice getting out in the fresh air!

Monday, February 06, 2017

Incredible beauty here...ever watch The Sound of Music? You'll find it here after a fresh rain.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

A nice hike with lots of options.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

we did an 8 mile loop. it was fun

Saturday, January 07, 2017

we've done this hike a few times. it's beautiful. hard to believe you are in Murrieta ca.