Santa Ana Arroyo Trail

Santa Ana Arroyo Trail is a 5.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Redlands, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Beautiful trail. Not the Easiest start or tail to follow the first 1/4 mile. No signs of water in January. ( draught is still going strong :/ ) Saw about 3-4 hangars. Wow! Walked all of it. I plan to run it next time. Good for off road cycling as well. Enjoyed it very much. Bring a friend or not! Still a good trail;)

I'm not sure how to rate this. I never found the trail; I'm sure that's my fault. I headed north looking for water. Nope- headed east looking for a set trail. Nope. I'm new to this, so I'll have to try again. I will wear "boots" next time, as terrian is very rocky. I had fun anyways!

I had a lot of fun on this hike. There’s an established trail that runs parallel to the Santa Ana, but hiking the river’s a lot more fun. The terrain switches up on you, going from soft beach-like sands to smooth pebbles and stones. Cacti and various desert plants can be seen throughout, as well as your common lizards and birds.

Once the trail heads north, you’re greeted by what I believe is a creek or a basin of some sort. Either way, the actively flowing water was a surprise to me. It was cool and clear and populated by a small group of ducks.

I actually took the trail up to Aurantia Park in Highland and attempted to loop back down to my car, but ran into excavation zones, overgrown brush, and misleading trails. I suggest heading out to the creek and back, or if you’re feeling adventurous out to Aurantia Park and back. The Santa Ana Wash incorporates more than this specific path, so you can improvise your way around the arroyo. Just be safe.

I parked alongside Riverview Dr. where Church St. ends and the trailhead begins.