Sand Highway OHV Trail is a 10 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Nipomo, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for off road driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 10.0 miles Elevation Gain: 623 feet Route Type: Out & Back

ohv / off road driving

beach

Saturday, September 29, 2018

Follow the signs for the Phillips Petroleum. When you get to the entrance veir oo to the right and follow the single lane road across the RR tracks. Found out why it's called the Sand trail. it's very soft sand. My stock Sahara didn't have the right tires for it once I was deep into the trail. I was barely able to turn around and get out.

Friday, June 29, 2018

I had the same problem as the last review and tried to find the start but ran into the Phillips 66 refinery. I asked the Guard if he knew of any openings in the fence but he said "no". I checked along the fence line and the gates were well locked up and some even had additional fencing behind it. I drove in through the Pismo beach area and it looked like a lot of it had been cordoned off but orange construction fencing. Talked with a Park Ranger and they stated they are trying to preserve and restore areas of the beach. You can still get back in the area, but I HIGHLY recommend bring a full set of MaxxTaxx or traction aids. Beautiful and quiet area though.

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Tried enter the start location located on the map. Took me to Phillips 66 refinery and a locked gate. maybe the route is outdated. I've been out to the dunes I was just looking to check out that road on the map.

Monday, September 30, 2013

Located in the Oceano State Vehicle OHV park, easy if you know sand!

Monday, April 17, 2017