San Pablo Ridge, Mezue, Belgium and Wildcat Creek Loop via Clark Boas Trail

San Pablo Ridge, Mezue, Belgium and Wildcat Creek Loop via Clark Boas Trail is a 6.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near El Sobrante, California that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as difficult offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Beautiful views of the Bay Area, seeing from Vallejo all the way around to SF. Some good steep sections, but moderated by downhill and flat sections. Most of the hike cooled by ocean breezes.

I hate to write reviews because I enjoy finding gems such as this gorgeous, undercrowded hike, but this might be mine and my 4 legged friend’s new fave hike in the area. Little traffic, gorgeous views, getting that JLo butt workout in (for both myself and my Corgi’s butt), and one happy and exhausted pupper. Parking is limited, next to an elementary school, not sure you can park there. Go early. I went on a Tuesday at 9 and finished around 11 which included stops for pictures. I think best time to go may be around 7 or earlier.

P.s. saw horses, actual cowboys rounding cows up on horses, and a bull.

This loop has significant incline but the views are out of this world. San Francisco, Oakland, Marin, Richmond, El Sobrante and Pinole Valley Watershed are all visible from this hike. Trails can get a bit muddy after it rains.