San Pablo Reservoir Road Biking Loop

San Pablo Reservoir Road Biking Loop is a 18.7 mile loop trail located near Orinda, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for road biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This classic road bike ride starts at the western end of Bear Creek Road, climbs east past Briones Reservoir, then levels out with a left at Alhambra Valley Road. The cruise finishes with a southward leg along the busier San Pablo Dam Road. Great riding loop, counter-clockwise is best!

Alhambra Valley Road closed due to sinkhole.

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Saturday, September 03, 2016

Woot! Perfect way to kick start a Saturday morning! First attempt at this ride and it was awesome--smooth paved road, lots of other cyclists (but not crowded!), and some cars depending on location but enough space on the road for them to pass you. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing my improvements with time and speed. I went counter-clockwise and according to my record, it appears that I conquered the steeper/higher inclines first, which probably explains why I saw tons of cyclists going the opposite direction (clockwise)... so I'll try that next time. I'm used to long distance, flat road biking so the 20 miles was nothing but the inclines... oh man, there were probably 3 or 4 "hills" where I was in my lowest gear for a good 10-15 minutes just inching along but again I look forward to seeing my improvements! Totally recommended!