San Luis Rey River Trails

San Luis Rey River Trails is a 8.9 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Oceanside, California and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

8.9 miles 114 feet Point to Point

This is a great trail for biking. I personally wouldn't like walking it- there are just so many cyclists zipping by. It is pretty flat, but be aware that there is a pretty significant hill at the end of the trail. If you have a little beach cruiser with no gears or handbrakes like me, I suggest walking your bike on this last bit. It doesn't look like that bad of a hill, but it is on a curve. I ate the pavement on the way back down and got some road rash and bruises. I suggest leaving that last bit to more experienced cyclists and those with bikes built for that sort of thing.

it was more of a walk than a hike. lots of bike riders and runners, but it was a nice walk....we did 8.4 miles..we turned around before the harbor because of prior commitments, but it could easily be a 12 mile hike...

Good clean trail

This is a great trail for road biking. You can go under all the cross streets so you don't have to wait for traffic signals. I wish it was a bit longer and more scenic.

It was a great long ride!! It good for a down and back ride. Very smooth.

The trail is great. It sometimes gets crowded with lots of bikers so always be aware.