San Luis Rey Bike Path

San Luis Rey Bike Path is a 8.9 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Oceanside, California and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Point to Point

A 99.9% flat bike path along an urban riparian area from the valley to the coast. Definitely stroller/family friendly. I love how accessible this makes the beach to families in the valley of Oceanside/Vista. I am visiting family here and the path goes right by their neighborhood and my niece’s junior high; we don’t really have a pedestrian/bike only byway like that where I’m from in Santa Cruz. It’s nice not to be contending with traffic. I walked my sister’s dog along it and had a nice enough time, although I can tell that it would be much more fun if I were a biker. At Mance Buchanan park there is a spot to fill your tires, and I’m sure there are more along the way. Not exactly scenic until you get to the coast; however, I did see quite a bit of wildlife, including a huge coyote that lumbered up onto the path, and lots of birds including hawks or falcons.

Easy family friendly and then you can play at the beach

Fun as f ck

I use this bike path all the time when I wanna ride from vista to the coat

Done this on my road bike many times. Twice I have paced riders for RAAM (Race Across America) they use thus as their starting point from the pier. It's excellent for cycling, jogging or walking. Bring water and snacks if you're going to do point to point or back and forth.

great trip. mostly flat with a few ups and downs as u go under bridges. finally made it to the beach.

A very good trail to walk, jog, or bike on!!!

Great place for running parents. Take your child, and their bike, and run along side with them.

No motorized vehicles, relatively flat, lovely wildlife!

Saturday, September 10, 2016

This is a great trail for biking. I personally wouldn't like walking it- there are just so many cyclists zipping by. It is pretty flat, but be aware that there is a pretty significant hill at the end of the trail. If you have a little beach cruiser with no gears or handbrakes like me, I suggest walking your bike on this last bit. It doesn't look like that bad of a hill, but it is on a curve. I ate the pavement on the way back down and got some road rash and bruises. I suggest leaving that last bit to more experienced cyclists and those with bikes built for that sort of thing.

Saturday, August 20, 2016

it was more of a walk than a hike. lots of bike riders and runners, but it was a nice walk....we did 8.4 miles..we turned around before the harbor because of prior commitments, but it could easily be a 12 mile hike...

Thursday, August 04, 2016

Good clean trail

Thursday, July 07, 2016

This is a great trail for road biking. You can go under all the cross streets so you don't have to wait for traffic signals. I wish it was a bit longer and more scenic.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

It was a great long ride!! It good for a down and back ride. Very smooth.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

The trail is great. It sometimes gets crowded with lots of bikers so always be aware.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

It's really good for long runs as is pretty flat.

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Great bike trail that ends at the beach near Oceanside harbor. Other end start at N. Santa Fe & Hwy 76. I love it for running when the dirt trail are wet. Lots of bikers at times so you must pay attention at all times!!!!

Friday, June 19, 2015