San Juan Rapids Trail

San Juan Rapids Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fair Oaks, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Easy just park in the lot and walk to the trail head

This is a beautiful trail but you can get lost easy. It took me 45 minutes to find the main road back to my car. I give it 4 stars because every dog I saw was off a leash

Nice little trail and not difficult, but some places are rocky so maybe not a good one if you are unsteady. Finding your way to the main trail if you wander is easy enough (especially with the app).

What a piece of crap park. NO TRAIL SIGNS! NO MAPS AVAILALBE! IF THERE WERE BLOCKED TRAILS BECAUSE OF FLOODING - PUT SIGNS OUT!!!
I'm recovering from hip surgery and wanted a medium length walk. I immediately became lost. I did not see another human for over 45 minutes and Google maps was useless. Called 911 and they couldn't do a thing. The operator had never heard of the place.
Shame on whoever is in charge of making this area safe and accessible.

Lots of flora-miner's lettuce and milk thistle. Found a beautiful oak tree that had to be over a hundred years old. Was flooded in spots so we couldn't make the whole loop.

fun trails with lots of adventures along the way. Will be back!

Some areas of hard walking on small rocks but well worth it once you get to the river.

It's ok not marked well but fun little trail

This trail is very badly marked. I saw one sign and ended up on fire access roads with no idea where the trail was. I looked for trail maps on the City of Fair Oaks web site but could not find one. I ended up getting so lost I could not find my way back to the parking lot. Luckily, the Sherrif/Ranger was very helpful and kind, found me and gave me a ride back to my car.

Perfect for an early evening jog