San Juan Rapids Trail

San Juan Rapids Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fair Oaks, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Easy just park in the lot and walk to the trail head

If you're planning on hiking the path listed I strongly suggest using the app or a map. Even using the app we got a bit confused. Very rocky, so wear comfortable shoes. Some nice wildlife by the river. We saw plenty of birds and some sunbathing turtles. Not too many people on the trail when we went. Lots of dogs.

Love this trail. Beautiful and not very busy usually (except for holidays in the summer).

Great trail - really easy to get lost though.

Decent, easy hike, make sure you bring a map it's easy to get lost and walk in circles as there are multiple paths to take.

This hike was great because not only is it challenging, but you are along the American River for part of the trail so you are able to hear the rafters, etc. in the lake. The majority of the hike is very rocky and hilly, but I enjoyed that because it added to the challenge. The hike was predominantly not shaded so I would definitely recommend wearing a hat, sunscreen, and hiking shoes. The path is not marked very well, but once you reach the massive rock pile (it is definitely noticeable) you want to stay on the path that veer towards the left (if you want to reach Bannister Park or the bike trails). Continuing straight will take you around the lake...again :)

Extremely rocky. Also, map is difficult to navigate, as there are a bunch of different paths to take.

I take my dogs on this trail quite a bit. It's in my neighborhood so it's a nice get away when I can't really get away. Easy access. Lots of trails that lead in different directions.

nice fun walk along the river. The dogs enjoy it.

very nice trail. kids enjoyed themselves

This is a beautiful trail but you can get lost easy. It took me 45 minutes to find the main road back to my car. I give it 4 stars because every dog I saw was off a leash

Nice little trail and not difficult, but some places are rocky so maybe not a good one if you are unsteady. Finding your way to the main trail if you wander is easy enough (especially with the app).

What a piece of crap park. NO TRAIL SIGNS! NO MAPS AVAILALBE! IF THERE WERE BLOCKED TRAILS BECAUSE OF FLOODING - PUT SIGNS OUT!!!
I'm recovering from hip surgery and wanted a medium length walk. I immediately became lost. I did not see another human for over 45 minutes and Google maps was useless. Called 911 and they couldn't do a thing. The operator had never heard of the place.
Shame on whoever is in charge of making this area safe and accessible.

Lots of flora-miner's lettuce and milk thistle. Found a beautiful oak tree that had to be over a hundred years old. Was flooded in spots so we couldn't make the whole loop.

fun trails with lots of adventures along the way. Will be back!

Monday, September 12, 2016

Some areas of hard walking on small rocks but well worth it once you get to the river.

Thursday, September 01, 2016

It's ok not marked well but fun little trail

Monday, August 08, 2016

This trail is very badly marked. I saw one sign and ended up on fire access roads with no idea where the trail was. I looked for trail maps on the City of Fair Oaks web site but could not find one. I ended up getting so lost I could not find my way back to the parking lot. Luckily, the Sherrif/Ranger was very helpful and kind, found me and gave me a ride back to my car.

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Perfect for an early evening jog

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Nice trek for me and the dogs. I got "off trail" and a nice guy pointed us back in the right direction. River was fun for the dogs to dip. :)

Monday, July 04, 2016

Fun easy trail. Saw a lynx which was pretty awesome.