San Juan Loop

San Juan Loop is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lake Elsinore, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 2.1 miles Elevation Gain: 314 feet Route Type: Loop

Great quick moderate trail. It took me and my husband an hour. My husband was wearing a weight vest. The all trails map worked great! The river was dry but it was still beautiful out with perfect weather.

Absolutely great trail! This trail was great for a quick (1.5 hour) hike with great views and nothing too challenging. Only complaint might be the amount of bugs, but it wasn’t anything too crazy and didn’t really take away from the journey at all.

great trail. You can tell there were some rains in the spring since there were more than a few washes, but they weren't too deep. Nothing that you can't step over.

This is my favorite after work, don’t want to deal with traffic hike. The last time here I was somewhat bumped by all the Yucca flower stalks being knocked over by vandals but the hike was still enjoyable and I had many occasions to stop and take pictures. The deeper into summer we get, the more important it is to remember to bring water with us.

Absolutely beautiful, easy hike. Water was flowing and very refreshing for a short splash trek. Reason for my 3 star rating: Watch out, we encountered a young rattlesnake directly in the center of the trail that we narrowly walked right into.. And about 10 minutes farther down the path encountered a large tarantula (not poisonous, but still a bit shocking) again, directly in the center of the trail. So be vigilant, especially with dogs or young children and hiking later in the afternoon.

Good trail. Could use some cut back or more hikers from fauna. The bottom waterfall could be easier to access. Moderate is a good rating. Would definitely do again!

This was the first hike I did alone to conquer my fear. I am no longer afraid. it's beautiful out here.

We started a little late so we were feeling the sun, but it is such a beautiful hike it didn't matter. Take the loop clockwise from the parking lot so the waterfall is the payoff at the end.

Hiked with Terri this morning, her first hike

Fun little hike. Second time around I took the husband and our youngest 4 with us. They had a blast although they argue that the hike is longer than 2.1 miles but I think because they were tired and that was their first time.

Cool little hike, went with the kids and dog. Everyone was friendly, went to the candy store after. Met the owner of the store, super nice lady! Overall had a great time!

Sunday, September 30, 2018

Completed on 9/29/18 with a friend who has never been hiking. Trail is well marked but everything is all dry and burnt, not really an exciting or demanding trail. Wouldn’t be great for kids, bring water.

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Nice trail!

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Super beautiful hike! There is only a little bit of water left where the waterfall should be. Towards the end is a table seating area to the right. After that, the trail doesn't have much shade but it is only a short period of time. Will definitely go again.

Saturday, March 10, 2018

I’m loving this short beautiful Canyon trail There is a outhouse 2each bathroom Parking is not free