San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary - Treehill, South Loop, Midway Trails

San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary - Treehill, South Loop, Midway Trails is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Irvine, California that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running.

Nice easy trail good don an afternoon family walk.

Lots of traffic noise, more of a pleasant walk than a hike. Great for bird watching.

Over the river and through the woods, Southern California style. 300 acres and 12 miles of trails. This has become my go to place to run and meditate. There has always been something about being in nature that grounds me like nothing else and research says that nature is proven to inspire creativity
I'm 57 and started running for the first time in my life, a few months ago, beginning with a gentle walk/run circuit. The trails are a combination of decomposed granite, gravel, and dirt, so between these soft surfaces and my HOKA trail running footwear, I have been successfully running since July without any knee problems.
I highly recommend this oasis of nature in OC. I was born in New York, and I consider this wildlife sanctuary to be the Irvine version of NYC's Central Park. Love it.
Do yourself a favor and explore this hidden gem.