San Joaquin River Trail

San Joaquin River Trail is a 18.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Friant, California that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Watch for biting flies.. it is a pretty tough trail especially if temp reaches beyond 85 degrees i have hiked 7 miles in usually no ppl in that far.. its an ok trail.. great for the challenge.. take plenty of water if u plan to hike in that far in the summer.. and least 4 liters of water..

This trail was absolutely gorgeous. We enjoyed the views so much because every step you take is a perfect photo! Nature at its finest. However, it is easy peasy to get confused/lost. The trail has no signs after the very beginning. Plus, it diverges multiple times! We assumed that when the trail split into two that it would eventually converge again...but it didn't. It actually kept splitting into different ways you could go! Different pathways lead to different destinations and like I said, there are no signs after the very beginning to guide you and make sure you're still on the right trail! I was fortunate to have my hiking partner whose sense of direction is much better that mine so that we could find our way back! Lol We hiked for 6 whole hours...just caught up in all the beauty. The Fields of Gold at the top of the mountain was the very best :)

Beautiful! I'm just not in the Best of Hiking shape...this trail showed me that!! But..Great& Beautiful

Great XC MTB trail. Also good for walking. Best from late fall to late spring.

Loved it, I took my dog along.

Really nice. River was beautiful. Not a lot of places to sit down in the shade for a break to give you a heads up. Not a lot of people on the trail. In the beginning it's a lot of going up so be prepared :) it's worth it though.

Good trail. First mile or so is the most difficult. Even though it's not technically part of this trail, the Pincushion Peak detour is well worth it at the beginning! Stopping point suggested by AllTrails is a little anticlimactic.

Love it, nice scene, a quick hardcore hike.

The hill climb in the first mile or two is tough, but the rest is fairly moderate.