San Joaquin River Gorge Trail

San Joaquin River Gorge Trail is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Clovis, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Wild flowers are beautiful, trails marked to limit confusion. Not a difficult hike, would recommend.

very much enjoyed this hike, especially during the winter time. we strayed off the path and decided to hike down to the river. it was tough climbing down the rocks, but the view was totally worth it. very easy day hike.

Great trail. It was beautiful weather when I went but I can imagine it will get hot real soon. Great views and fairly easy

Great hike. Completed it a couple months go before it was too hot. would do it again

This is a nice enjoyable trail. Plenty of wild flowers and a little poison oak along the trail. Be aware! The first half is almost all downhill, which means you will be climbing the whole way back to your car...but that was not at all hard! When you get to the bridge, look for the rather large trout living in the stream. The view from the bridge is pretty nice!

I really enjoyed this hike. Huge rocks on other side of bridge were used for tanning and all wildflowers were in full bloom. I would say the only downfall to this hike was that people did not keep their dogs on leashes even though they had aggressive dogs and dogs messes were not picked up.

I love this hike!

I loved this hike. We had my 4 year old step daughter with us and the whole family enjoyed it. Definitely doing it again.

It was our first time here and we went on the “hard” trail. It took us 5 hours to finish the 6miles. Lots of rocky terrain and many steep hills. It was fun though, will defiantly go again!

P.S. lots of poo on the trail from the cows hahaha

A short and sweet trail with great views and an awesome bridge. Not too much traffic during the week.

Nice easy hike with the opportunity to add more mileage on trails past the bridge. Really cool views, but it is a very busy area with a good number of people passing through.

great walk, beautiful surroundings

loved this trail it wasn't to bad at all it was easy going down coming back up was a little workout but so worth it the flowers are in bloom and everything is green right now very lovely!!!!

Well kept. Beautiful flowers. Water everywhere. Challenging enough to get a good workout!

I connected to the SJRT through Wellbarn Road in Prather. It’s two miles to the trail and I went right towards the gorge. Wildflowers are just beginning to show their sunny faces. Peaceful and beautiful. There were a few mountain bikers, but we shared the trail well enough. I love this trail.

Did the SJRT Half Marathon today along with a couple hundred other people. it was awesome! Views were spectacular. ended up being 14 miles!

The scenery is beautiful on the bridge and an awesome little hike for the kiddos. The trail is narrow at times, but it’s a trail so that is to be expected. My family and I have gone there many times just to get out of the house, 10/10 recommend!

Great run with a beautiful view

We had such a great time on this hike! It actually started snowing! What a great experience! I'm going Togo back and bring my mountain bike!

Love

It was a great hike. I am writing this review late because i have only heard about the app until a couple days ago. But it was a cool hike, if you look over the bridge you can actually see some caves that the river made. It was a great family hike but at times the trail was narrow.

Great hike , took both kids had a blast.

Perfect day hike for our family

Was an amazing day to hike. It did get hot but not too bad. Trail was very nice!

Love this trail!

Toddlers had a GREAT time!!!

Had a great time. Easy going down. Somewhat difficult going up but worth it. Trail is small. Had to step aside to let people coming from the opposite way through. Will definitely go back.

We visited the San Joaquin River Gorge again today. The Tarantulas are out and about this time of year. Also spotted lots of Quail and a big Roadrunner today. A little warm in the foothills in the Summer, but this is a nice trail for a Short hike in Fall, Winter, or Spring.

Loved it

It was the first time my husband and I ever went through a trail. It was really nice, peaceful, beautiful. You can hear the sound of the river it got louder and louder the closer we got.