San Joaquin River Gorge Trail

San Joaquin River Gorge Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Clovis, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

It was the first time my husband and I ever went through a trail. It was really nice, peaceful, beautiful. You can hear the sound of the river it got louder and louder the closer we got.

Nice easy hike in cooler months, ok for young kids and dogs. Can be a little hot in warmer months, Tarantulas can be spotted easily some times of year. There is a sign warning to be aware of Rattle Snakes in the area. We have seen some adventurous people rigging up to the bridge and jumping off. Overall a nice place to go for an easy Fall or Spring hike.

Moderate level trail. Easy heading out, a little rough heading back. Dogs loved it as well.

amazing short trail, beautiful views, highly recommended.

I have already gone back a few times since my first time there. The bridge is beautiful and it's so peaceful out there listening to all the water and wildlife. I usually go up to the San Joaquin River Trail which connects to this on the opposite end. But to me this side is much nicer and a better hike. A little farther but not bad at all. One day I'd like to complete the whole thing. But this is definitely a nice place to go to just get away and go on a little hike.

I've never really been a hiker, as much as I've wanted to be. So a friend recommended this place and a me and buddy decided to do this little hike. It was a nice hike that was not too long and the views and sounds of the river and pedestrian bridge were awesome. We even made it down to the river and found a shallow and calm spot where the water pooled around some large boulders. Just enough to get wet it in and cool (freeze) down and warm back up on the rocks. Great day!

Great hike super easy going in but I got to admit I use muscles that I haven't used in awhile coming out! I'm just getting into hiking

Beautiful scenery. The path is narrow and on the side of a hill. The path easy and had a slight incline. There were hikers, cyclists, runners, dogs on leashes, and families with children of all ages. The bridge was the highlight of the hike. I would definitely go again.

This trail was beautiful, easy to walk with our 5 and 7 year old. There are restrooms and picnic tables at the beginning of the trailhead.

This place was awesome. The scenery was incredible and the he trail was superb.