San Jacinto Peak from The Tramway

San Jacinto Peak from The Tramway is a 10 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Palm Springs, California that features a river and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until November.

rock climbing

historic site

Awesome hike. Very do-able for most, only two strenuous sections, just go with the ol slow and steady when you hit those. I caught the second tram and was able to avoid the casual/vacation hikers. Trail is very clean, I didn't see any trash the whole way. I just wish the casuals would read up on trail etiquette before venturing out.

We tackled our 5th peak #sanjacinto in our #sixpackofpeaks challenge. This was a little harder than normal since Shawn had been sick with bronchitis for almost a month and I got a cyst removed from my foot Monday and was sick Tues and Wednesday. It was slow going but we made it. The miles weren't bad it was just hard breathing for us both. One more peak to go.

Best views out of all the socal hikes I've done. It's about 11-12 miles. Absolutely beautiful. Check out video...

Or

YouTube Search: CamFamFun

Completed the Trail from Tram to Peak today 8/19/2017. Left the tram station and started the trail at 930am, and arrived back at 4:10pm. Beware of signs, it is easy to get lost . Ask other hikers ...Sign in at Permit station, in case you get lost or injured ,there are rangers up there...
This is not anything as expected! Beware of Oxygen levels and elevation changes.My o2 level dropped to 88% at the peak..last 1/2 up to the peak is all boulders that you must physical crawl or climb over ....Total time it took was 7.5 hours, including two 30 minute breaks. Inclines are treacherous, BEWARE. Amazing views.....The way back is tricky too! Actually hike to peak is over 11.5 miles!

Great views but challenging altitude gain. Only negative was the crowd.

Hiked this mountain yesterday 8/13 and it was amazing! It was so clear at the top that the Pacific Ocean was visible. This is the most similar to an alpine Colorado mountain that I've seen in SoCal.

Me and my 6 year old son hiked up to the peak from the tram station on August 10th, 2017. It was absolutely a wonderful hike! Some part of trail wasn't marked well so I was glad I had downloaded All trails map. (There was zero cell phone signal) The last part of hike was included some bouldering and we loved it. Some people mentioned this is 12miles hike so I was prepared for that but it was actually just about 10miles for us.

Beautiful! It's actually 12 miles round trip but it's beautiful and while definitely a workout it's nothing crazy. The trail pamphlet says it's "expert level" but as long as you're in decent shape and don't mind some sunshine and a bit of a scramble towards the end it's a blast!