San Jacinto Peak from The Tramway

San Jacinto Peak from The Tramway is a 10 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Palm Springs, California that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until November.

27 minutes ago

Best views out of all the socal hikes I've done. It's about 11-12 miles. Absolutely beautiful. Check out video... https://youtu.be/1UODpvIfvoM

Completed the Trail from Tram to Peak today 8/19/2017. Left the tram station and started the trail at 930am, and arrived back at 4:10pm. Beware of signs, it is easy to get lost . Ask other hikers ...Sign in at Permit station, in case you get lost or injured ,there are rangers up there...
This is not anything as expected! Beware of Oxygen levels and elevation changes.My o2 level dropped to 88% at the peak..last 1/2 up to the peak is all boulders that you must physical crawl or climb over ....Total time it took was 7.5 hours, including two 30 minute breaks. Inclines are treacherous, BEWARE. Amazing views.....The way back is tricky too! Actually hike to peak is over 11.5 miles!

Great views but challenging altitude gain. Only negative was the crowd.

Hiked this mountain yesterday 8/13 and it was amazing! It was so clear at the top that the Pacific Ocean was visible. This is the most similar to an alpine Colorado mountain that I've seen in SoCal.

Me and my 6 year old son hiked up to the peak from the tram station on August 10th, 2017. It was absolutely a wonderful hike! Some part of trail wasn't marked well so I was glad I had downloaded All trails map. (There was zero cell phone signal) The last part of hike was included some bouldering and we loved it. Some people mentioned this is 12miles hike so I was prepared for that but it was actually just about 10miles for us.

Beautiful! It's actually 12 miles round trip but it's beautiful and while definitely a workout it's nothing crazy. The trail pamphlet says it's "expert level" but as long as you're in decent shape and don't mind some sunshine and a bit of a scramble towards the end it's a blast!

Great trail, with views and forest. Last 3 miles are tough

This was a great hike, and luckily for us, it was overcast and raining periodically which made it nice and cool. I would rate this hike as relatively easy. We did it in 2 days, carrying backpacks to Round Valley Camp and day-hiked the peak early the following day, picking up our backpacks on the way back and continuing back to the tram. This was a great way to do it, as we were basically all alone on the trail on the way up. We passed lots of day hikers on our way down. Many people hike the whole thing at once, and with a light pack and lots of water it is very doable. The view at the top is gorgeous and the incline is a slow grade all the way.