San Jacinto Peak from The Tramway

San Jacinto Peak from The Tramway is a 10 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Palm Springs, California that features a river and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until November.

rock climbing

historic site

Amazing hike and experience. The ranger told us it takes the average person 6 hours to complete the trail. We were racing the sun as we got a late start so we managed to complete it under that time. The trail is somewhat well marked. I did the trail in hiking shoes, nothing extra and I was fine. Hiking poles definitely would have been nice at some points. Also make sure to wear layers as the sun sets the mountain gets pretty chilly! I actually thought the view at Wellman’s Divide was better than the view at the summit.

Very nice warm day hike. Some minor snow and lot’s of ice!!! Ice cleats highly recommended! 2 ladies had injuries along the way and were rescued. Not an easy hike, not recommended for kids or beginners. But won’t call it difficult either. It took us 2:50 to get to the top with some breaks and a little less to get back. Overall, great hike!

Havent done it yet. Anyone tell me what footwear is suggested? Boots, Trail shoes?? How much snow? What equipment did you use?

This its an Amazing place i never have such a great experience ever i waiting to go back again and again and again and again........

Great trail cold with 30-40 mph wind gusts and last bit was icy but an amazing hike with incredible views

Well worth it,amazing views

What a great hike. Couldn't pick the better day. Trail was good. I had snow spikes on me but i saw some people made it to the top without it. Will do this again before the snow melts. The views are stunning.

Strenuous hike due to altitude, amazing views.

Tough hike for the beginner. Made it to Wellman’s Divide but had to turn back cause I was spent and couldn’t make it up the peak before the sun went down but still great views and a great trail. Snow was great too!

One of my favorites. If you are in peak shape and have an extra 4 hours to blow then take this trail. Or take it easy and explore. It’s so fun! It can get busy but too bad past Welmans.

One the hardest yet beautiful hikes I’ve ever done. This ones a challenge. I don’t regret anything, view at the end is just amazing.

Beautiful trail. Great hike!
Make sure to check in at the ranger station before you head up the trail.

It should be noted this trail is a hard trail particularly given AllTrails standards... Sure it’s “merely” the last part of the cactus to clouds trail... but it’s not just a little stroll.

Flatlanders should consider it starts at 8500’ and goes up to 10,800’. Airs a little thinner up there kids.

Anyhow, the views at the summit are spectacular.

Beautiful hike and a beautiful summit! This is a popular trail so be prepared to pass people or move out of the way as people pass you. You'll also have to wait your turn for a picture with the sign at the summit. One other caution, we had to wait in line for about 45 minutes before it was our turn to take the tram back down, so I suggest getting your hike done as early as possible.

Challenging and rewarding hike. Took us 3 hours to get to the peak from the tram, and 2 hours to get back down. We experienced wide variations in the temperature, layers and gloves were needed. All around gorgeous hike.

Great hike, amazing view definitely not for the faint of heart. Steady incline all the way up but with the altitude your body is working very hard and that makes this hike strenuous. 4 hours up to you top, then 2 hours back to tram. Great view at the top!

Great hike from devils slide. It’s around 16 miles round trip from devils but it’s more challenging. I’ve hiked the peak a few times and it always takes my breath away

Beautiful hike

The summit is amazing!

The views at the summit are insane