San Jacinto Peak from The Tramway

San Jacinto Peak from The Tramway is a 10 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Palm Springs, California that features a river and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until November.

rock climbing

historic site

Great hike (10/14/17). I paid the $5 parking fee and $30 Tram ticket. As expected the tram ride was very enjoyable. I got the 8:45 tram that was not crowded. Once at the top, got the hiking permit and was hiking by 9:15. Lots of people but everyone was pleasant. Easy to follow trail by turning right at every junction (left on the way down). The rock scrambling at the very top was very doable. Great views, great day!! I enjoyed a beer at the bar afterwards and was surprised by a 45 minute wait to get tram, and very crowded, but was still enjoyable ride.

Nice hike. We stayed over night at Round Valley then hiked to the summit the following day. Came back through round valley and to the tram. Nice view at Wellman's Divide. When going up that long stretch after the divide it's easy to loose the trail before turning left to the other long stretch before the summit. When you get to the rocks by the summit just pick a spot and climb. Beautiful!!

Beautiful and challenging hike! Loved the Tram ride.

This is a beautiful hike with the best scenery of all socal hikes we've done. It's about 11-12 miles. 3100ft elevation gained. 7-8 hours at a moderate pace with 1 hour at the peak.

Check out our video: https://youtu.be/1dvlCVI8XKI

Awesome hike. Very do-able for most, only two strenuous sections, just go with the ol slow and steady when you hit those. I caught the second tram and was able to avoid the casual/vacation hikers. Trail is very clean, I didn't see any trash the whole way. I just wish the casuals would read up on trail etiquette before venturing out.

We tackled our 5th peak #sanjacinto in our #sixpackofpeaks challenge. This was a little harder than normal since Shawn had been sick with bronchitis for almost a month and I got a cyst removed from my foot Monday and was sick Tues and Wednesday. It was slow going but we made it. The miles weren't bad it was just hard breathing for us both. One more peak to go.

Completed the Trail from Tram to Peak today 8/19/2017. Left the tram station and started the trail at 930am, and arrived back at 4:10pm. Beware of signs, it is easy to get lost . Ask other hikers ...Sign in at Permit station, in case you get lost or injured ,there are rangers up there...
This is not anything as expected! Beware of Oxygen levels and elevation changes.My o2 level dropped to 88% at the peak..last 1/2 up to the peak is all boulders that you must physical crawl or climb over ....Total time it took was 7.5 hours, including two 30 minute breaks. Inclines are treacherous, BEWARE. Amazing views.....The way back is tricky too! Actually hike to peak is over 11.5 miles!

Great views but challenging altitude gain. Only negative was the crowd.