San Gabriel Peak Trail

San Gabriel Peak Trail is a 3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Mt Wilson, California and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Wonderful 360 view up in the summit geology is amazing on this trail. I spotted a brown bear towards the middle of the incline heading down towards the fault line. Down side: no shade, narrow bad specially when you have incoming traffic. On the way down a cyclist ran me off my trail and I nearly slip so please be careful!

On my consideration this trail is moderate,Nice view today was beautiful.

Great hike with excellent views on the summit. Can be done in less than 2 hours round trip. Only downside is very little shade.

Hiked this on 1/20/17 and thoroughly enjoyed it despite a blizzard with 12" fresh snow. Fortunately, the Mueller Tunnel provided much needed shelter during a massive ice downfall!! I lost my Black Diamond ice axe somewhere near Mt Disappointment Summit or San Gabriel Peak. Appreciate a call if anyone finds it. 859-496-6458