Annies Canyon and Rios Avenue Trail

Annies Canyon and Rios Avenue Trail is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Solana Beach, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

A beautiful backdrop wherever you go, the San Elijo Lagoon Ecological Reserve has amazing views to offer every which way you look. Do be careful of rattlesnakes and mountain lions as this is an active ecological site. Dogs must be kept on a leash, and half of the trails (east of the I-5 freeway) are open to horse back riders as well.

We hiked up the moderate side first and then the sandstone canyon side. Both go to the same top location but the canyon side is much more narrow and steep. I didn’t see One so maybe there should be a NO DOGS sign at the bottom of the slot canyon side. There was a sign about half way up. The couple behind us brought their dog and ended up having to carry it up the ladder part. Very lovely trail overall and we will hike it again soon.

Very unique hike. A must do in north county.

Great trail took my 8 and 10 year old and it was not too difficult for them. Wish it was longer :-)

Surprised narrow canyon walk

The majority of the hike is fairly flat and quite easy, with beautiful lagoon views and lots of nature. The actual slot canyon trail is strenuous, but short, and the family enjoyed it so much that we went through a second time.

There were great elevations on the Annie's Trail that we took. At the top are beautiful caves and caverns. Finding the trail head is a challenge. We needed a local to find it.

this hike is great for the casual walker, but with the traffic noise and construction it is loud and annoying. the canyon is closed due to maintenance and only open on weekends. If that. i was so disappointed All Trails need to update their site. I was up early to go do this on my day off and I'm very disappointed