San Antonio Falls Trail

San Antonio Falls Trail is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mt Baldy, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Directions from Claremont, CA: Travel on Foothill Boulevard to Mills Avenue. Take Mills Avenue until it turns into Mt. Baldy Road. Drive 12 miles north on Mt. Baldy Road to the campground. (Note: Foothill can be reached by taking Mountain Avenue north from the 10 freeway).

A quick fun hike. We all dipped our heads in the falls. It was very refreshing. We continued up the road all the way to the Notch restaurant. We did the trip with kids and doigs.

short hike to a good view of a fall.

This is an short hike primarily along a paved road with an incline at the beginning and once you arrive it's a nice and quiet with the steady roar of the waterfalls filling your ears. (my visit was on a Tuesday so I met only two other hikers while photographing and enjoying the area). Also, there was even a few snow mounds from the previous evenings light snowfall on the rocks when I arrived, but after two hours, they were gone.
Even though this is a short hike, first time visitors BEWARE. At the end of the paved road, you must traverse a short stretch (15 ft?) of an incline using only hand and foot rocks and this deterred four visitors as I returned from my hike.

Short and mostly paved fire road the trail at the end to get to the falls is a bit scary and it’s just all cliffrock, one person at a time.

We got so lucky to experience this majestic waterfall with lots of snow. Best part was that it was the easiest and shortest hike on a paved road for most of the trail.

First time getting there last weekend love the drive and it was not difficult to get there saw the sign from the road. The trail is near the sky lifts., it’s mostly an incline the water fall is not far from where you started the water was very low for not much rain and snow yet. It is well maintain the trail is a little wide for cars to drive up it to the restaurant so be prepared for that sharing the road. . I did not finish the whole trail planning to go back this coming weekend. Love the great view

Hiked here on leg on Mt. Baldy hike. Water is low at this time.

Pretty easy hike to the falls! It gets a little slippery during some parts of the trail but nothing too difficult. Make sure you explore further down the creek — the view is incredible.

Nice waterfall. Stopped by on my way to MT. Baldy. Not much water falling like in previous years at this time.

Lovely views

Easy to climb, lovely views

Did this with the family late afternoon. All incline until you get to the creek, but very easy with a little bit of hiking experience. Took 20 minutes to get to the Falls from the parking area. Recommend doing it around early Spring for max water output.

paved road that starts off a bit steep. Once you arrive at the Fall you can hike in the creek bed or continue on up the mountain.

Took the kids today, nice short out and back to see the falls. Looking forward to coming back when we have more time!

Went to see the San Antonio Falls, a lot easier hike than we anticipated. Another gentleman stated that another 3 miles up was the ski lodge, and we decided to continue on. I'm so happy we did, it was beautiful hike with beautiful views. The temp was very cool when the wind would blow and up on top of the lodge area was cool as well. I would definitely do this hike again.

The majority of the trail is paved. Waterfall was beautiful, running crystal clear water. We got to watch search and rescue do some rappelling down the falls. Stroller friendly up to the dirt trail, due to the heavy rains the trail has some tricky washed out areas...I would say 5 years old max age limit, due to the washed out area. Need a forest parking pass available at the Mt. Baldy visitors center.

I wouldnt rate this as moderate. Its a very easy hike. My wife and I are somewhat rookie hikers and she did it with a 20 lb baby strapped to her. A fun short hike for a weekend day!

I love this short hike. Winter time is the best.

Beautiful easy hike

Gorgeous waterfall so fresh and cold but shortest trail less

Nice scenic walk, its actually a small paved road that leads u up to the falls. It looked really beautiful up there yesterday because there had been some snowfall. All in all we got some great pics and took in some fresh mountain air. I think it would be fun for children and families who aren't avid hikers but want to get out and enjoy some nature.

Great easy hike out and back. Highly recommend it especially with a strong water flow.

Lovely hike with gorgeous falls. Fairly easy to get to. Just tread carefully as you pick your way along the creek bed to the falls themselves once the trail leaves the road.

Friday, June 16, 2017

Easy hike, but steep. Very heavily trafficked during weekend. Lot of people use it as a break before going on bigger hikes, but you can get to the base of the waterfall.

Monday, June 12, 2017

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Short walk for an awesome fall

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Don't use Google to map which road to turn on to the falls because it takes you one street too early. Make sure you search for the actual road name and not the falls name themselves for mapping navigation in Google. My bad!

When you're at the correct road, it's obvious since there's a sign thanking you for your adventure pass (yes you need one).

This hike is short and up a private paved road (which you must park at the base). I knew from other reviews that the road was paved, so this didn't ruin the hike for me. The views and rocky cliff sides, and the birds and squirrels everywhere still made this a nice short hike.

We went on a Tuesday at 10 am and just barely beat a light amount of foot traffic.

At the top of the road, there is a great viewpoint of the falls, and the dirt trail begins. The "steep" part mentioned in other reviews is probably 6-10 feet and really no big deal since you're walking sideways with the wall and there's plenty of traction. Once you pass this and round the corner, you're at the base of the falls.

And magnificent falls they are. Totally worth this short trek to go see.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

This trail is mostly paved road.
Not my type of hike I like to do but we made the best of it by creating our own trail through the Mt. and Creek in the end we made it a very intense hike loved the waterfall

Thursday, April 06, 2017

Very easy hike, you can't even tell you walked a mile but great scenery. There is one spot that can be hard for some people, is crossing one side of the mountain which is about 4 feet to get to the other side in order to get closer to the water fall. The waterfall is beautiful! Definitely recommend going.