San Antonio Falls Trail is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mt Baldy, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

partially paved

Directions from Claremont, CA: Travel on Foothill Boulevard to Mills Avenue. Take Mills Avenue until it turns into Mt. Baldy Road. Drive 12 miles north on Mt. Baldy Road to the campground. (Note: Foothill can be reached by taking Mountain Avenue north from the 10 freeway).

rock climbing

Nice paved trail until you make it to the waterfall look out. If you have children take them down the rock path to the stream and then climb up to the waterfall. Wear shoes with traction! Rocks are loose. There is a narrow path off of the paved trail to get to the falls but it’s unsafe for children or maybe even pets. Went last weekend and it was a beautiful, crisp day.

Free climbed the 3rd tier. Super fun trail and not difficult at all considering half the trail is paved.

rock climbing

Falls might b year round here. 10/18 still a nice flow. Fire road all up until falls area. Trail remains fairly easy. Id recommend this hike to everyone of all levels of hiking. Can’t wait to bring my little ones here. Rock climbed up to top of falls... was too much fun but a bit challenging (advanced hikers only please) may be tricky for some...
Very easy to find parking
Seen signs of car break ins but not today. (FYI)
Rr @ trail head
Lots of places to camp.

Great quick hike with my dog , beautiful scenery and low temperatures... bring sweater and water...

A great quick Sunday morning hike. The incline initially is a great workout. Mostly paved and a small area of dirt with a step crossover. Great area for meditation not too many people.

Easy

Short, but nicely inclined walk on a paved road. The only dirt you will actually hike to the trail is loose and steep.
Small, beautiful waterfall with an upper tier/pool that is dangerously accessible.
Gorgeous views!
Went on a Wednesday and there were only a couple other hikers. Had he waterfall to ourselves for about 30 minutes.

Short hike on a paved fire road with steady incline. Great leg and cardio workout. The trail leads to a waterfall which requires careful footing to get to. Don't be hasty; go slow! Hike the rest of the fire road to the Notch and grab yourself a beer and lunch at the restaurant with a view of the valley below!

trail to the was hard to hike. Unsafe in one area. Waterfall was nice once able to get their.

Paved, with a considerable elevation gain for 20-25 min. once at the falls, there is a bit of scrambling on a dirt trail to get to the falls itself. lots of water year-round.
Once there, it is possible to reach the upper tiers but very difficult.

Went on Saturday, June 16th to conquer Mt Baldy and I failed. We got past the lodge, past the steep ski lift climb, to the first major steep incline(drop offs on both sides on incline) and my fear of heights took over. I stood there frozen, unable to move on. How many people I wonder go through this? I will return back to Baldy for another try in the next few weeks. I am so disappointed in myself, my first hiking fail.

A quick fun hike. We all dipped our heads in the falls. It was very refreshing. We continued up the road all the way to the Notch restaurant. We did the trip with kids and doigs.

short hike to a good view of a fall.

This is an short hike primarily along a paved road with an incline at the beginning and once you arrive it's a nice and quiet with the steady roar of the waterfalls filling your ears. (my visit was on a Tuesday so I met only two other hikers while photographing and enjoying the area). Also, there was even a few snow mounds from the previous evenings light snowfall on the rocks when I arrived, but after two hours, they were gone.
Even though this is a short hike, first time visitors BEWARE. At the end of the paved road, you must traverse a short stretch (15 ft?) of an incline using only hand and foot rocks and this deterred four visitors as I returned from my hike.

Short and mostly paved fire road the trail at the end to get to the falls is a bit scary and it’s just all cliffrock, one person at a time.

We got so lucky to experience this majestic waterfall with lots of snow. Best part was that it was the easiest and shortest hike on a paved road for most of the trail.

First time getting there last weekend love the drive and it was not difficult to get there saw the sign from the road. The trail is near the sky lifts., it’s mostly an incline the water fall is not far from where you started the water was very low for not much rain and snow yet. It is well maintain the trail is a little wide for cars to drive up it to the restaurant so be prepared for that sharing the road. . I did not finish the whole trail planning to go back this coming weekend. Love the great view

Hiked here on leg on Mt. Baldy hike. Water is low at this time.

Pretty easy hike to the falls! It gets a little slippery during some parts of the trail but nothing too difficult. Make sure you explore further down the creek — the view is incredible.

Nice waterfall. Stopped by on my way to MT. Baldy. Not much water falling like in previous years at this time.

Lovely views

Easy to climb, lovely views

Did this with the family late afternoon. All incline until you get to the creek, but very easy with a little bit of hiking experience. Took 20 minutes to get to the Falls from the parking area. Recommend doing it around early Spring for max water output.

paved road that starts off a bit steep. Once you arrive at the Fall you can hike in the creek bed or continue on up the mountain.

Monday, November 06, 2017

Took the kids today, nice short out and back to see the falls. Looking forward to coming back when we have more time!

Sunday, October 08, 2017

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Went to see the San Antonio Falls, a lot easier hike than we anticipated. Another gentleman stated that another 3 miles up was the ski lodge, and we decided to continue on. I'm so happy we did, it was beautiful hike with beautiful views. The temp was very cool when the wind would blow and up on top of the lodge area was cool as well. I would definitely do this hike again.

Saturday, September 23, 2017

The majority of the trail is paved. Waterfall was beautiful, running crystal clear water. We got to watch search and rescue do some rappelling down the falls. Stroller friendly up to the dirt trail, due to the heavy rains the trail has some tricky washed out areas...I would say 5 years old max age limit, due to the washed out area. Need a forest parking pass available at the Mt. Baldy visitors center.

Saturday, September 16, 2017

I wouldnt rate this as moderate. Its a very easy hike. My wife and I are somewhat rookie hikers and she did it with a 20 lb baby strapped to her. A fun short hike for a weekend day!

Friday, August 11, 2017

I love this short hike. Winter time is the best.