Sacramento River Trail

Sacramento River Trail is a 5.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Redding, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.5 miles Elevation Gain: 160 feet Route Type: Loop

paved

Personal Favorite Trail of mine. Just remember always be aware of your surroundings this is Redding, CA. still I do highly recomend

May 30, 2019. The river trail is completely open now after the devastating fire last July. The wild flowers were just beautiful. The red poppies especially caught my eye. There's a pit toilet at about the half way point. Several of the user posted pictures are not actually on this loop, for instance the Sundial Bridge and the small dam. You have to go east about 2 miles to get to the Sundial. However, the trail does go all the way there, and beyond if you'd like a longer or different ride/walk.

Very nice, easy trail. we would probably go on bikes next time. Had the dogs there and they loved it

Friday, August 17, 2018

This is an easy trail and one I enjoy. Especially when starting from the hilltop trailhead. It adds incline.

Sunday, June 17, 2018

We have done this easy loop a few times and have added a few extra loops around the area as the weather was just too beautiful to stop.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

We took a family trip here today. It’s a little crowded at the sundial bridge but the walking paths were very secluded and we were passed by bikers many times. There are bathrooms and resting areas. Great to pack a lunch for. There was a fish viewing station where you walk down and can watch through windows as the water passes. We saw lots of wildlife including snakes, turtles, and deer! The deer were less than 10 ft from us and my kids loved it.

Sunday, May 06, 2018

We just got to experience this beautiful trail!!! Great trail!!!

Sunday, May 06, 2018

We bike this all the time. Easy, but with pretty views of the river. This is our “go to” trail when we want to go for a decent ride without hitting the dirt.

Monday, April 16, 2018

love this good place for my dog and me

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Great trail for jogging, we’ve also biked and roller bladed here!

Thursday, February 08, 2018

extremely easy walk paved the entire way. this is my regular area as I live very close and take my children for stroller rides and rollerblading quite often.

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Monday, July 31, 2017

Great everyday use trail for running, biking, or walking with the kids. Lots of traffic, but everyone if friendly and respectful.

Monday, April 24, 2017

Nice views of the Sacramento river. Great walk for the whole family. Sun dial bridge is amazing.

Monday, April 10, 2017

wonderful day to hike with family an friends.

Sunday, January 01, 2017

Great bike ride with beautiful views of the Sacramento River and the sun dial bridge.

Saturday, December 17, 2016

great walk and nice experience. Area has been cleaned up and is more public friendly.

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

I love this trail and walk it frequently, at least a section of it. The Sundial bridge and the ribbon bridge are my favorite parts. It's also fun to see everyone out and about!

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

great place for walking, beautiful setting on the river. Great place to take the family. I recommend having bug spray on hand.

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

As advertised: nicely paved trail with enough shade and nice views of the Sacramento River.

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Safe, lots of families and friends out enjoying the day. Nice paved path with mile markers. Beautiful views of the river through lovely shade trees.

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Very beautiful walk along the river. It is completely paved and flat for most of the walk/bike ride. Its just a nice relaxing time the whole way.

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Beautiful Trail, did about 7 miles this morning, went from the Sundial Bridge to just past the aquatic center then came back and did one more short loop. This ride is along the Sacramento River. People are friendly, it's a paved trail and it's really easy riding. I'm just starting to get back out there, today's 7 mile ride was pretty easy.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

This is a nice and easy hike white enjoying scenery of the river and flowers along the way.

Sunday, May 25, 2014

I run, walk and ride on this trail all the time. It has multiple trailheads, my favorite at the Sundial Bridge. Depending on the part of the trail you're on, the difficulty level can be easy to challenging (cardiac hill). You can do loops and out/backs or point to points of short or extended distances. It's primarily paved and always scenic and gorgeous, year round! My absolute favorite place to run!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A great trail for the whole family to enjoy. Paved and smooth with lots of shady spots along the way to stop and rest. Lots of side singletrack trails that break off and connect to other dirt trails in the area. Lots of benches to rest at along the N side of river.Also plenty of spots to hike down to the river and go for a swim durring summer months. The section from the Elks club on the N side headed west to the cable bridge by Keswick is my favorite section a bathroom is close to the bridge on the N side of river. Trail connects east to the Sundail Bridge area and Turtle Bay Park. New section now connects east under the 44 freeway eastbound to Bechelli Ln. A good place to start is by the Aquatic Center in the middle of caldwell park. Pack a lunch and make a day out of it with the family. Very easy trail with lots of nature and people to watch. Busy on the weekends. Small skateboard park for you skaters out there right next to the aquatic center.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

You can ride your road or mountain bike on it I do it all the time.

Friday, May 07, 2010

I walk the River Trail often, and I have for years. The addition of the Sundial Bridge a few years back enhanced the experience. It is one of the most beautiful walking, or biking trails in the state. I only walked a short distance on this outing, but you can go on for many miles. Up one side of the river and down the other,above Lake Redding Park you can cross the old Dieselhorst bridge and walk up towards Keswick. You can cross back over another bridge and come back down the other side of the river and behind the Elks Club. you could make a whole day of it if you like, take the dog, ride a bike. Stop and put your feet in the water. There are lots of places to stop and observe nature. It's a beautiful walk.