Ryan Mountain Trail

Ryan Mountain Trail is a 2.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Pinto Wye, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

cave

Directions from Oasis of Mara: Follow Utah Trail southwestward approxiamtely 17.5 miles to the Ryan Mountain Trailhead.

1 hour ago

I got to the trail at about 0515 to try and beat the heat and catch the sunrise at the top. It took me about 45 minutes up, so I missed the sunrise by a few...but still worth it! At the top there's a nice panoramic view of the surrounding valley and mountains. There also another good stop about 10 minutes from the top.

The way up is all uphill, and the way down is all downhill. The way is mostly stairs...so prepare your knees! I passed a few coiled rattlesnakes, so mind your step.

Good, steady climb. It's mostly stairs with a little bit of well trodden and easily visible path. I did it mid day and it was over 100 degrees at bottom; had a nice breeze at the top so well worth it for that and the great view.

Solid short hike, completely uphill with rock steps to the top. Made it to the top in ~45 minutes for a gorgeous sunrise. Saw 10 bighorn sheep on our way down and actually had to wait them out as they were on the trail chilling.

hot but great views. not a lot of flowering plants and was very busy - most likely bc of memorial day weekend. i am short and would rather have a flat ascent rather than steps but it was otherwise nice.

Not for beginners or people who can't do flights upon flights of rock stairs. Since I'm currently not in the best of shape I took several breaks during the uphill to catch my breath, but I have to say the view at the top is definitely worth it for the reward! Downhill was a breeze, but make sure to watch your stepping during the middle phase of the trail as the cliffside goes down quite a bit there.

I'm not ashamed to say I'm a quitter. The trail was just
Too steep for me. It gets hot quickly. The path is rock steps with small flat areas in between. I got maybe 1/3 way up and the view from there was ok but not great. Some flowering cacti along the way. Must be able to climb steep grades to do this one.

Great view