Ryan Mountain Trail

Ryan Mountain Trail is a 2.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Pinto Wye, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

cave

Directions from Oasis of Mara: Follow Utah Trail southwestward approxiamtely 17.5 miles to the Ryan Mountain Trailhead.

Not for beginners or people who can't do flights upon flights of rock stairs. Since I'm currently not in the best of shape I took several breaks during the uphill to catch my breath, but I have to say the view at the top is definitely worth it for the reward! Downhill was a breeze, but make sure to watch your stepping during the middle phase of the trail as the cliffside goes down quite a bit there.

I'm not ashamed to say I'm a quitter. The trail was just
Too steep for me. It gets hot quickly. The path is rock steps with small flat areas in between. I got maybe 1/3 way up and the view from there was ok but not great. Some flowering cacti along the way. Must be able to climb steep grades to do this one.

Great view

Awesome hike! Really nice views, it's a shame I've been a "local" for a few years and didn't give this trail a go sooner. Once you make it to the top, you'll find a pile of rocks to climb up on for a neat photo op!

good simple up and back hike. you get a great view of most of the park.

well marked and lots of traffic.

Good hike. Lots of rock stairs. Hiked it in late December and encountered some snow near the peak. Beautiful views make this hike well worth the time.

Very nice kept trail. Nice incline to the top, with nice views. Very doable. Joshua Tree was a great treat. Would recommend.

The view is beautiful! We went in March so it wasn't super crowded. Enough people to take our picture but not too many :)

I love the view from this trail. It's actually better than the view from keys view. Since this is the one of the most popular trail, it's a bit too crowded for someone wants to enjoy a hiking solitude.

Fast climb with a great view of the sunset