Please be careful if you do decide to attempt this counter-clockwise.

I made the mistake of assuming this will be a reasonably moderate adventurous run (since I'm very familiar with the trails around here and am often found there when not working). The trail is washed out so you'll be bouncing left and right across the creek quite often. It gets slippery at certain parts (when most of the rocks have algae / moss). If you're careful and have good traction shoes, that part can be doable. But please be careful! Now when I hit the artificial waterfall, I didn't see anything there (I somehow missed the rope leading up the wall). I instead traced back 0.1mi and found a way to scramble up on the left side to what seemed to be a trail. I had tried to go somewhere on the right but the gates were all locked up and my mab showed that left side was reasonable. But I think the trail I ended up on was abandoned, since it ended. I slipped at one point and kept on sliding. Managed to find a way to hold on to branches, and out of fear of falling kept going up, holding on to whatever I can (which is hard given that there were only a few degraded sandstone pieces that were breaking off, a minimal amount of branches, and lots of dead leaves.) Ended up needing rescuing. Never thought I would ever need that in my life, and certainly not in my backyard.

I admit my decision-making seems off (fear does wonders), but please be careful and don't underestimate this path. And as people suggested, perhaps try to go clockwise or go with a few friends so you can keeo each other in check and not get lost / hurt.

Enjoy the trails and be smarter than me!