Russian Gulch Trail

Russian Gulch Trail is a 6.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Mendocino, California that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice hike to a waterfall mostly in shade. Some puddles of mud but overall the trails are in excellent shape.

Starts off partially paved for bikes, felt like a fairy land with all the lush greenery, little blue flowers, and babbling brook. We did the waterfall loop up the hill and back down, but I heard the North Trail is a terrific flat portion once you get up to the ridge.

Amazing hike - easy to find, good parking and trail head easy to identify. Trail gets better and better as you go further and further. Starts off flat but eventually you go up and down a few times. Trail was in good condition however not always well marked Waterfall is really impressive.

Great for the first hike of the year.

I grew up in Mendocino and every time I visit I hike this trail with my boyfriend and dog. It's a gorgeous hike through the Redwoods and comes to a stop at a beautiful waterfall.

An absolutely awesome hike! Seemed closer to ten miles than six and a half though.

It was an amazing, yet tiring hike! I kept track of the miles... I got 10 in total! Keep in mind I did do the extended 2.8 mile route instead of the 0.7 mile one. I would recommend this hike for anybody around the area. Make sure you start early in the morning. I started around 9:30/10:00 and ended maybe close to 4:00ish? Take some water and a few snacks to munch on a couple of breaks. I didn't take any and learned the hard way. I did stop to take pictures and videos.. and, kinda, sort of, maybe, somewhat got lost haha that was my fault though. Once you feel like you're "making" your own trail, STOP, TURN AROUND, & HEAD BACK!

One of my favorite hikes! Not hard, but a good distance and really pretty!