Rush Creek Trail to Agnew Lake

Rush Creek Trail to Agnew Lake is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near June Lake, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail is...OK. It has some nice views and the getting up closer to horsetail falls is pretty awesome, but if you're going to do this hike in the summer go early. Literally no shade the entire way. First time I've hiked where I've seen people carrying umbrellas. Should've been my first clue!

Solid but very mild gain in elevation, They were working at Agnew and had the trails to the lake taped off, went past to Gem lake. Views of Horse Tail Falls is amazing.

Beautiful hike. Nice steady incline all the way to the lake. Waterfalls were intense and view of the valley and Silver Lake were breath taking. The only negative is you hike above the lake and don't really have a chance to get down next to lake Agnew. Continue to Gem lake I suppose. Greatly enjoyed and the pup loved it as well.

Was a great hike!

6-5-17 Pretty fantastic, and varied as far as scenery. We went up as far Gem, and there was a harry water crossing and some snow shelves that had to be crossed as well. I happened to have an ice axe, which helped as I had a dog on leash. A perfect moderate hike.

Started this trail Sunday, June 4th. Beautiful day but a bit hot in the trail since it has little shade and is very exposed. Wasn't planning on taking it all the way to Agnew Lake, just Horsetail Falls. Unfortunately we encountered the new seasonal waterfall on the trail and had to turn back. Ran into 4 others who turned back there also, but also 2 men who successfully crossed it. I think we could have made it, but not with our medium dog in tow. Great trail though with amazing views the whole time, including of Horsetail Falls once you get about a mile in. Will tackle it again later in the season and hopefully take it all the way to the lakes. It's well marked. We did encounter some snow patches that won't be there long.