Runyon Canyon Trail

Runyon Canyon Trail is a 2.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near West Hollywood, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

partially paved

Runyon Canyon is an extremely popular hiking trail with great views of the Hollywood Hills. It is a great place to go for a quick hike to see the Hollywood sign or the views from Inspiration Point and Clouds Rest. This is also a great area for dog owners as there are plenty of off leash areas. Don't expect to have the trail to yourself and plan time for finding street parking. The southern entrance to the park is located at the north end of Fuller Avenue. Tennis shoes or running shoes recommended. There are a few water fountains but due to the sunny nature of the hike, you should bring a water bottle as well.

love this hike

I guess it was alright? wouldn't mind going again.

This is a nice hike but there sure was a lot of people hiking that day!!

Great hike going through west trail, and east trail. Also, good for jogging, and running.

Best view of LA

Very short and easy, and up to your choice to do dirt path back and forth, or a combo of dirt path + paved road. The only “hard part” was the big steps (giant wood slats insert into the dirt), it was kind of steep but if you take your time it would be fine, and that part was short anyway.

Many people and a lot of dogs of all kinds came with their master/walker. The dog show was the highlight and it’s rather entertaining than working out.

18.12.29

Pretty views of the city, but extremely dry most of the year

I'm gonna disagree with whoever wrote the trail description. Wearing road running shoes will not give you the traction you need on the steeper sections. Trail surface is heavily compacted from heavy usage. My road running shoes were not giving me enough traction. Trail running shoes or light hikers will do a lot better. I got lucky and found an open parking space at the upper end of Fuller Ave. Made my day

A good morning workout!

Got there at 6am on the money. Just me and a few other people. Not a bad hike! Can’t wait to do this again! But yeah get there early was leaving around 8ish and it was starting to get packed!! Still worth the wait. The views were amazing!

too many people.

fun, finally gets steep towards the top.

The Mulholland side of this hike is my favourite! I love being able to see the ocean from the top :)

I love this hike!

Very beautiful sites and paved trail on the easy route. Very steep entrance into the trails.

Great views and a nice incline. Extremely crowded.

Don't come here if you want a mtb ride they aren't permitted here but nice for views

After 13 years of living in LA I have finally have crossed doing the Runyon hike off my bucket list. It's not necessarily that I was avoiding it, it's just I hate going deep into Hollywood and getting stuck in traffic going back to the Westside. Anyways, this place is GREAT for quick workout. You can walk the trail but you will see alot of people jogging/running, and also doing random exercises. There's usually a good amount of people on this trail and the conversations that you overhear can be so Hollywood and hilarious. I can tell alot of Hollywood entertainment professionals frequent here. This place is very dog friendly as you will notice. Once you get to the top, there is a decent sized park where people sit on the benches and play with their dogs. If I lived in the area I could see myself doing this hike during the week after work. Lots of eye candy here too if you know what I mean.

If you are a looking for a "serious" hike, I wouldn't recommend this but this is a good workout and fun hike that is right in the city.

- @justroc @just.trek

exellent!

If you can’t get out to real wilderness this will do in a pinch, it’s a pretty easy trail, but it is VERY crowded and parking is a joke.

Click the link and select

Too many people who spend all morning putting on their face to go hiking. This hike seems more like a fake stars map tour then a hike

If you like a good inclined track this is it. A place to be seen while getting a great up hill walk. One way of course. There are some great views from up top.

Awesome trail for a great workout

I love this trail, but the amount of people hanging out here just waiting to spot a celebrity is insane. The foot traffic is nearly as terrible as LA traffic. The upside? So many doggos running free just waiting to be petted! It’s definitely a good hike if you wanna get a good sweat going though.

I ran into Joe Rogan strangling a bear with his bear-hands and when I saw this the Bear noticed me and that made Joe turn to me and the bear Ran off. Joe then nonchalantly turns to me and says, "Sup Dude." then just jogs off into the wilderness. I still can't believe what I saw but this was a great and challenging trail.

This trail was amazing. I luckily got parking right at the bottom of the hill. They don’t allow parking on a Tuesday from 12pm-??? Because of street sweeping, luckily I was able to get there before 12 and snag a spot.

The trail I hiked it was paved for the most part which was cool and easy to walk. It did have great inclines but I guess because I’m used to hiking steeper inclines it was easy. The views are panoramic from any area and it’s absolutely spectacular.

This trail will definitely make you want to get fit... there are so many beautiful bodies (LOL) guys and girls. Bodies where you see, and you’re just like “damn... I want to be that”.

The trail has no bathrooms so go either in your car in a bottle or definitely make a pit stop somewhere else before you head up there.

I will definitely be back! I can’t wait to try out the other trails this place has to offer!

Great afternoon hike!