Runyon Canyon Trail

Runyon Canyon Trail is a 2.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Los Angeles, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This is one of the most popular hiking spots in LA with excellent views of the city.

Great views, too crowded.

I took my little sister and she loved it. She wants to do more hikes! We took so many photos at the top with the incredible view. If you go up using the stairs, it's a nice cool down headed down with shade. Perfect for a hot sunny day.

A good hiking trail. Wear good hiking boots because one side of the ridge gets steep and rocky. No shade on this trail so a hot day will be HOT. Great views of the city no matter where you are though.

Short trail that's perfect for a great workout!

Park is dog friendly with one area of the loop where your dog can go off leash. I love this and haven't seen anywhere else where this is allowed.

Mid day hike in the blister of summer is not good for people who can not bear heat. This includes myself, but I really wanted to take my dog here. He ended up having a difficult time, so I had to carry his ass down several hills. There's barely any shade but plenty of water fountains for both man and animal.

Clockwise is the way you'd want to go to work on those glutes. I went the opposite because I had no idea what I was doing, but it was like 98 degrees yesterday so that was probably the best blessing in disguise. Definitely didn't want to hit those hills up.

Parking here is ridiculous. There's like 20 spots for cars to park off mullholand and you just really have to try your chances if you got late.