Runyon Canyon Trail

MODERATE 1,029 reviews

Runyon Canyon Trail is a 2.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near West Hollywood, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Runyon Canyon is an extremely popular hiking trail with great views of the Hollywood Hills. It is a great place to go for a quick hike to see the Hollywood sign or the views from Inspiration Point and Clouds Rest. This is also a great area for dog owners as there are plenty of off leash areas. Don't expect to have the trail to yourself and plan time for finding street parking. The southern entrance to the park is located at the north end of Fuller Avenue. Tennis shoes or running shoes recommended. There are a few water fountains but due to the sunny nature of the hike, you should bring a water bottle as well.

A big too busy for my liking with many dogs off leads giving an added trip hazard to the runner.

Very pretty!

Stellar hike with amazing vistas! Several ways to summit depending on your altheticism. It has the right amount of friendly folks, with the right amount of socialized dogs! You will be challenged, but it's worth every bit of sweat! It's A Must Do!

good hike but parking is terrible and always too many people. views are fantastic.

Great views and all trails lead back to the entrance. I’m sure parking might be difficult, however I live close enough to where I can just walk to the trail

I go here for the views...of the beautiful women... the city view is alright... haha all jokes aside I go here to clear my head and train. Nifty spot just gotta get lucky with parking though, if not it’s a real pain. Other than that just enjoy the views

it’s a very social walk in the city. Lots of people and lattes.

Amazing hiking trails! All lead back to the entrance. Good workout, beautiful view of DTLA & the many dogs you'll see, water fountains available.

Great trail, had benches, water fountains and great views!!!

See and be seen here. Best part about this trail is all the doggies running around free as a bird! Worst parts are that it is hardly challenging and parking is a pain in the booty. The more difficult side is a steep climb up to the top, but the trail down is almost double the distance which is not helpful when you want to burn more calories.

Great hike - some challenging sections but amazing views of LA.

Great workout on the difficult trail as well as the paved trail!!! Can’t wait to co back

Beautiful views, too many people.

Meh

Definitely the best views of LA.

Down hill was better, also saw Hillary Duff today

The west part is too hard for me!!!!!

GREAT views. Steep incline with some stairs when you start the trail to the right of the entrance so I’d suggest starting there and going up that section versus going down it.

Dusty and crowded.

Love this trail...I get a great workout in a short amount of time. I would recommend placing steps on the steepest trail, located near the West trail, since people struggle getting up and down that part.

Great hike, lots of people and dogs. Parking was hard to find and we ended up with a parking ticket.

Pros: A great view of Los Angeles and other surrounding cities. Not to bad of a hike, I would say it is a moderate hike as well.
Cons: Way to many people just a clutter when you start hiking and getting up the mountain side. If you want a peaceful hike I would suggest else where.

Well trafficked trail, nice views of the city.

A little too crowded when I went but still a good workout.

Love it! Took my dog with me then realized it has off leash areas. We both loved it. Should have brought better shoes though and accommodates for limited parking.

Absolutely

Take a hat and sunscreen no shade. Nice work out

Very nice mostly paved trail, easy even with kids.

My favorite hike of all - so much variety!

Good straight up hike, dogs running free not on a leach, isn't my thing.