Runyon Canyon Trail

Runyon Canyon Trail is a 2.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near West Hollywood, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Runyon Canyon is an extremely popular hiking trail with great views of the Hollywood Hills. It is a great place to go for a quick hike to see the Hollywood sign or the views from Inspiration Point and Clouds Rest. This is also a great area for dog owners as there are plenty of off leash areas. Don't expect to have the trail to yourself and plan time for finding street parking. The southern entrance to the park is located at the north end of Fuller Avenue. Tennis shoes or running shoes recommended. There are a few water fountains but due to the sunny nature of the hike, you should bring a water bottle as well.

Down hill was better, also saw Hillary Duff today

The west part is too hard for me!!!!!

GREAT views. Steep incline with some stairs when you start the trail to the right of the entrance so I’d suggest starting there and going up that section versus going down it.

Dusty and crowded.

Love this trail...I get a great workout in a short amount of time. I would recommend placing steps on the steepest trail, located near the West trail, since people struggle getting up and down that part.

Great hike, lots of people and dogs. Parking was hard to find and we ended up with a parking ticket.

Pros: A great view of Los Angeles and other surrounding cities. Not to bad of a hike, I would say it is a moderate hike as well.
Cons: Way to many people just a clutter when you start hiking and getting up the mountain side. If you want a peaceful hike I would suggest else where.

Well trafficked trail, nice views of the city.

A little too crowded when I went but still a good workout.

Love it! Took my dog with me then realized it has off leash areas. We both loved it. Should have brought better shoes though and accommodates for limited parking.

Absolutely

Take a hat and sunscreen no shade. Nice work out

Very nice mostly paved trail, easy even with kids.

My favorite hike of all - so much variety!

Good straight up hike, dogs running free not on a leach, isn't my thing.

Great place to hike. 3 different ways to get to the top. Easy, intermediate, and difficult. The stairs are pretty cool.

It’s a great hike overall. Offers unique views of LA and some moderately challenging sections. This hike is not for anyone who wants to get away from the city. The sounds of traffic can still be heard even at the highest points but for anyone looking for a good, all around hike, I would suggest it.

I am happy to check this one off the list, but probably won't be back. Parking was difficult, lots of dog poop, intense smell of dog urine at a few spots, crowded on trails, but some spots with good views and benches to sit and take it in.

Perfect for an early fall day. Views and hike is almost worth the drive from Orange County