Rowher Trail to Bouquet Reservoir

Rowher Trail to Bouquet Reservoir is a 14.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Santa Clarita, California that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for scenic driving and off road driving and is best used from November until March. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

scenic driving

great drive! a few hairy climbs that are washed out. when I did it on 1/8 you needed 4wd engaged. I had no issues in my 4runner

Great trails overall. There's something for everyone. Nothing too extreme but there are sections that'll definitely test you. A great place to practice your off-road skills. Best during winter/ spring time.

off road driving

Very rewarding experience once you get to the top no matter what vehicle you take there. It could be extremely easy and difficult at the same time -depending on what trails you go go for - which makes it perfect either for a 4x2 with good clearance or a heavily modified 4x4.

off road driving

Managed this trail in my stock Wrangler Sahara. Definitely worthy of the hard rating. Also the tip about going south to north is accurate. There are a couple of gnarly descents at the end. But overall this is a beautiful trail with lots of fun obstacles.

off road driving

Not very difficult, but fun trail. I did this trail from Rowher to Bouquet several times. First time was around 2011 in a 2009 4x4 Tacoma long bed with a 6" lift on 33's. Never shifted out of 2wd high. Did the trail again with my ex in her stock, 2012 VW Tiguan FWD on street tires. I made it over fine, but there were a couple of areas where taking the right path was key. Also, momentum helped to get through a few parts. The last time I did the trail was 2 weeks ago in my stock 2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2 4x4 diesel, but did not need 4wd at all. I chose to take the steepest way down to the Bouquet and I put it in 4wd low to let the engine do the braking. I agree it is much easier going south to north, but a stock 4x4 is not required. The fwd Tiguan made it over the mountain just fine.

Nice!

off road driving

Love this trail. Very steep and difficult tho. I have a built 2003 4runner on 33s, no lockers. It's easier going south to north (from Rowher to Bouquet) but doable the other way. Don't take your stock 4x4 on this trail, you'll take a beating.

Supper good! For full-size truck!!

off road driving

Beautiful trail with nice views. You need to have a 4x4 vehicle. I completed this trail with my 3rd gen 4runner (bone stock).I was told that there is a alternative route which requires you to have front and rear lockers, but i guess it wasn’t on the main road. Overall it’s not a hard trail just requires 4x4 and good tread on your tires. Also, momentum is the key for this trail.

off road driving

Great fun with varying levels of difficulty

I hiked this trail and I have to say the climb to the trail at the top was very steep indeed. Certainly no fun to come back down. The trail at the top is really nice though. Great views.

off road driving

I completed this endeavor with a stock 4runner ORP. 4x4 is a must, along with some rock rails due to the terrain. This was my first true off roading adventure and might have been too technical. IMO, you need a lifted rig and some experience.

Minus the toughness of the trial, it was a great adventure and is a recommended drive!

off road driving

A good trail. Great for beginners as there are bypasses on some of the challenging and rutted sections. The main trail is great and there are side trails that seem to get pretty challenging. If you’re a beginner it’s probably easier to return back the same way once at the top as the end supposedly gets gnarly.

If you want to go up the mountain around to view the lake you will need a 4x4 with good tread on your tires. Not necessarily a lift kit but traction is key on this trail.

Multiple wondering options to get lost in but follow the directions and take the last turn down to the left. Looks sketchy but that’s where the trail starts.

off road driving

this is a great skill builder trail for those getting into 4 wheeling. the steep technical climbs are mild and keep you enjoying the trail. mid way there is a sketchy hill climb option that has 4 paths up. the 2 center being the most rutted out and will require lockers to get through. this can be bypassed of course. towards the top there is a rock crawling obstacle for those that want to test their rig and their skill. I had no problems with my jeep wrangler. from the top, you can loop back down, or continue trail to the reservoir. i have done both and prefer the continue to the reservoir as now the descends are technical but not too extreme.

off road driving

Excellent trail! Starting at the bottom and driving north had some steep inclines. Got lost around the top and found another easier trail back to the start making a loop. Cool rock formations near the start. Overall, great views. North end has some rocky areas but all the roads are pretty wide. I’d give it a 5 if I was actually able to complete it without getting lost.

Sunday, December 17, 2017

Fun skill building hills and trails. 4x4 with lift and rear lockers recommended. Great scenic views and technical uphill climbs.

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Great amount of variety of off road vehicle trails. Some were extremely challenging and intimidating. We had so much fun driving the variety of interconnecting steep hills, gullies and trails that we never made it to the lake. Will definitely go again!

Sunday, November 05, 2017

Saturday, October 07, 2017

There are some tough parts that require being thoughtful about tire placement. We hit one really tough rocky spot that require a spotter but not sure we were even on the trail anymore as there are a bunch of trail options and no cell signal. High clearance and 4wd a must for parts.

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Great spot to wheel close to LA. Took about an hour to get here from the west side. To have the most fun you need a lift and some tires. Not a super stock friendly trail. This has tons of options. Looping and point to point is available as far as completing the trail.

Friday, August 18, 2017

The steep hills are awesome but scary at the same time must be careful. The views are incredible.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Great trail

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Thursday, May 11, 2017

I've both off-roaded and hiked it, simply love this place. It's an awesome escape for me, I visit this area numerous times throughout the month, never gets old. I love exploring this area

Monday, May 08, 2017

Not sure why people give this place a 4 star rating. Its awesome. Took my G63 on an adventure. It was a total blast. You don't need to follow the trail (which is pretty simple) I went up the "double diamond" of hills that was epic. Lot of rocks, deflated the tires in the front and back to about 26psi with the 3 diff locks had zero slippage.

A great escape from the city. Highly recommend it.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Miles of trails, with a variety of terrain. Had a blast

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Beautiful trail, fairly easy in terms of driving, but does get narrow at some points. No signs up there so some sense of direction is required.

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Its the closest somewhat challenging trail to me and its regular visit for friends and I. I've done it so many times now I've lost count. I prefer going at night during the weekdays as there is less chance of running into crazy quads and dirt bikes. At the top it's a great lookout and a nice place to hang out.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

good trail for moderately skilled off roaders.