Rowher Trail to Bouquet Reservoir

Rowher Trail to Bouquet Reservoir is a 14.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Santa Clarita, California that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for scenic driving and off road driving and is best used from November until March. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

scenic driving

off road driving

Excellent trail! Starting at the bottom and driving north had some steep inclines. Got lost around the top and found another easier trail back to the start making a loop. Cool rock formations near the start. Overall, great views. North end has some rocky areas but all the roads are pretty wide. I’d give it a 5 if I was actually able to complete it without getting lost.

off road driving

Fun skill building hills and trails. 4x4 with lift and rear lockers recommended. Great scenic views and technical uphill climbs.

off road driving

Great amount of variety of off road vehicle trails. Some were extremely challenging and intimidating. We had so much fun driving the variety of interconnecting steep hills, gullies and trails that we never made it to the lake. Will definitely go again!

off road driving

There are some tough parts that require being thoughtful about tire placement. We hit one really tough rocky spot that require a spotter but not sure we were even on the trail anymore as there are a bunch of trail options and no cell signal. High clearance and 4wd a must for parts.

off road driving

Great spot to wheel close to LA. Took about an hour to get here from the west side. To have the most fun you need a lift and some tires. Not a super stock friendly trail. This has tons of options. Looping and point to point is available as far as completing the trail.

off road driving

The steep hills are awesome but scary at the same time must be careful. The views are incredible.

Great trail

off road driving

I've both off-roaded and hiked it, simply love this place. It's an awesome escape for me, I visit this area numerous times throughout the month, never gets old. I love exploring this area

Not sure why people give this place a 4 star rating. Its awesome. Took my G63 on an adventure. It was a total blast. You don't need to follow the trail (which is pretty simple) I went up the "double diamond" of hills that was epic. Lot of rocks, deflated the tires in the front and back to about 26psi with the 3 diff locks had zero slippage.

A great escape from the city. Highly recommend it.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Miles of trails, with a variety of terrain. Had a blast

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Beautiful trail, fairly easy in terms of driving, but does get narrow at some points. No signs up there so some sense of direction is required.

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Its the closest somewhat challenging trail to me and its regular visit for friends and I. I've done it so many times now I've lost count. I prefer going at night during the weekdays as there is less chance of running into crazy quads and dirt bikes. At the top it's a great lookout and a nice place to hang out.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

good trail for moderately skilled off roaders.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Is really fun!!!!
I will definitely keep coming to this trail

Monday, September 19, 2016

Very challenging trail with spectacular views.

Friday, September 02, 2016

I brought my stock 2000 Toyota 4Runner 4x4 here for my first time EVER driving off road! There are several trails to choose from here, usually with an easy route and a hard route to get to the same destination, which was perfect for me. After getting a hang of things I attempted one steep difficult descent which was nerve-racking but a ton of fun! My rig handled it beautifully in 4Lo with road tires aired down a bit. Beautiful scenic views (we stopped for a picnic lunch at the summit), and a great destination for beginners and advanced drivers alike!

Sunday, May 08, 2016

This trail is usually a blast with lots of large ruts. Would be a difficult trail in anything without 4x4.

Friday, April 01, 2016

Fun "newbie" trip with City Slickers 4x4. Great views at the top.

Sunday, March 06, 2016

Very steep slope at the beginning from the reservoir and all the way to the top. Then a cool scenic descent on the other side. Views to the desert, the snowy big bear and the lake. I drive a Jeep Wrangler four doors with a 3.5" lift kit and 33" wheels. Easy.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Entered off Bouquet Canyon Rd. Lockers will help in certain sections. Run the trail with another vehicle, highly recommended.

Monday, September 30, 2013

Entered off of bouquet canyon road and took route 6n07 mostly a bumpy fire road all the way to the top. Easily done in 2 wheel drive. Once at the top we took the face of the hill down and THAT was intense. Coming down in 4low I was still sliding..coming up that face takes horsepower low tires and a good set of lockers. Lots of fun with the woman and definitely gonna do it again!

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Great trail. Very steep if entering from Bouquet Canyon Rd. Lockers are required.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Three good points on this trail which I award a pucker factor of 5....mostly this is just a rough dirt road.