Round Mountain

Round Mountain is a 2.1 mile out and back trail located near Titus, California that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

We parked under the bridge to get across. We should have parked closer to the gas station to cross all those dead shrubs, trees, etc. There is no trail for this hike but crossing all this is what made it difficult. If we had a machete, it could have saved us lots of time from crossing it to get to the mountain. I highly suggest for ladies to wear pants. I wore shorts and cut up my legs and had thorns in my shoes the whole time. Once we finally crossed we found no trail but made our own. We started on the southwest side of the mountain and came back the same way. I also recommend bring a trekking pole because you are going uphill and downhill. I think it would help you. I didn’t use one, but if I did it again I would. Once you get to the top, it’s a spectacular view! Bring stuff to write on a rock!

We had a very difficult time finding a trail to the mountain. Ended up parking off the Jacumba exit turned right down a dirt road and parked under the freeway. Followed the tracks and then had to make our way through thick shrubbery and trees they have thorns so pants are recommended. There is no path in. Once you get through the shrubs you need to walk to the southeast side to climb. There isn’t a very visible track so we made our own way. It took 3 hours round trip and my Fitbit tracked 4 miles. Definitely bring lots of water and a good walking stick. You will see border patrol helicopters flying since it is so close to the border. We didn’t feel any danger though.

Sunday, January 20, 2013