Rope Canyon Trail

Rope Canyon Trail is a 0.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cactus City, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I absolutely loved this hike. I found the entrance impossible to find. the entrance to rope canyon is about 100 ft from the parking lot on the left behind the group of trees. you follow the wash and then you have to scramble down into a tiny slot canyon. keep going up and under and around until you see the first rope. when you are done with the last rope. It is the longest one. you can turn around or keep going through the was to the top. We were confused as to what way to go in the wash. we just kept to the main wash and it ended and the trail went up loose rocks to the right and put you out on top. then we followed the trail that took you to the main Ladder trail to the radio towers. This hike was so much fun! Check the weather it can be very hot in the desert. These slots are very small compared to the Ladder slots. we had small packs on and had to take them off to fit through some areas.

This probably my favorite desert hike. We visited early February 2018. We had done the Ladders Canyon and Painted Canyon loop last year. This year we went up Ropes and back down Ladders Canyon. Shorter loop but more challenging. 4 of our group averaged 66 years old. We also had one teenager who kept telling us we could not make it.

www.mrturbodoc.com for more info and photographs and descriptions.

Great trail, definitely take the route up the hill with the rope climbing, well worth it and fun. Then descend using the ladders.
Narrow canyon walkways and rope climbs allow for Great pictures.

A must for anyone in the area!!

The highlight of the day! Great fun, and quite the challenge. Definitely harder than the ladder hike.

I hiked Ladder - Rope loop for 2 hours. Rope canyon is much more challenging than Ladder canyon, especially climing it.

Great trail that is not as crowded as Ladder Canyon.. we went back pretty far but turned back before the end. Some spots are tight and it does require climbing rope both up and down in some areas. Favorite trail out here yet though.

My boyfriend and I found this trail by accident. We were looking for the ladder canyon trail but fell upon this trail instead. Let me just say, we do not regret this trail at all! It easily became one of our favorites because we love a challenge.
Tips: Wear sunscreen! There's a lot of shade because of the slots but once you've climbed to the last rope it is nothing but sun. There are rattlesnakes so be sure to talk loud to get them to warn you when they are near. There a few tight spots but my boyfriend who's 6ft still got through so definitely take your time and be patient with coming up tactics to climb down.

Monday, May 01, 2017

This is a really fun hike in a beautiful slot canyon. Ropes and ladders make it fun for the kids as well.

Monday, March 27, 2017

Made it with my brother and my 4year old twins! We climbed the ropes and made a loop to the ladders.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Great little canyon that can easily be looped into Ladder Canyon. Not as many people do this one due to the rope climbs