Rope Canyon Trail

Rope Canyon Trail is a 0.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cactus City, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great trail, definitely take the route up the hill with the rope climbing, well worth it and fun. Then descend using the ladders.
Narrow canyon walkways and rope climbs allow for Great pictures.

A must for anyone in the area!!

The highlight of the day! Great fun, and quite the challenge. Definitely harder than the ladder hike.

I hiked Ladder - Rope loop for 2 hours. Rope canyon is much more challenging than Ladder canyon, especially climing it.

Great trail that is not as crowded as Ladder Canyon.. we went back pretty far but turned back before the end. Some spots are tight and it does require climbing rope both up and down in some areas. Favorite trail out here yet though.

My boyfriend and I found this trail by accident. We were looking for the ladder canyon trail but fell upon this trail instead. Let me just say, we do not regret this trail at all! It easily became one of our favorites because we love a challenge.
Tips: Wear sunscreen! There's a lot of shade because of the slots but once you've climbed to the last rope it is nothing but sun. There are rattlesnakes so be sure to talk loud to get them to warn you when they are near. There a few tight spots but my boyfriend who's 6ft still got through so definitely take your time and be patient with coming up tactics to climb down.

This is a really fun hike in a beautiful slot canyon. Ropes and ladders make it fun for the kids as well.

Made it with my brother and my 4year old twins! We climbed the ropes and made a loop to the ladders.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Great little canyon that can easily be looped into Ladder Canyon. Not as many people do this one due to the rope climbs