Rodeo Valley Trail To Miwok Trail Loop Via Coastal Trail

Rodeo Valley Trail To Miwok Trail Loop Via Coastal Trail is a 11.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mill Valley, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 11.3 miles Elevation Gain: 1,909 feet Route Type: Loop

beach

Mainly fire road and biking route. good valley view but we went on a foggy day view isn’t nice otherwise

Views to die for. Even better with fog rolling in. Not crowded. Exposed trail, bring windbreakers.

Great times with the family

Some elevation but not steep and I would rate as moderate. Lots of wild flowers and good view of both Sausalito and Golden Gate.

Great trail with lots of beautiful views!

I went a different route than this trail name, see recording.

Great trail, dress warm. If you start early in the morning it’s a long descent to start and will be cold in the early morning.

Nice day - great views. The map is incorrect as one other reviewer said - go a little farther on to smith trail to connect to rodeo.

My favorite backyard hiking area! Easily end up with 15-20 miles. Coastal scenery is top notch, especially sunrise/sunset hikes. Lots of challenging hills to choose from. Great day hike

Monday, August 13, 2018

There are so many trails; even though we follow the direction, we still got lost 3 times and had to trek back. At one point the trail showed on the map/GPS doesn’t exist. Wasn’t sure I was going to make it through; but I did, yay! We got some sun, fog, and rain, too during our hike. Was a great hike though - loved it.

Saturday, July 28, 2018

The part that goes from parking lot to Rodeo Trail is wrong— the path is covered in brush, unmaintained and impassable. I backtracked and went further along the road to get on the trail. After that it was good. Karl the Fog was in full effect. I got lost as usual. Couldnt run strava cos of battery drain but it feels like I ran at least 13.1

Sunday, June 24, 2018

Great for mountain biking not much for hiking.

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Nice views, fun to explore and wasnt too hard of a hike.

Thursday, January 04, 2018

This is my first longest trail route. It has lot of trails inside you may end up going into some other route ensure you can carry gps trackers. In this trail route you will see golden gate and Pacific Ocean. Good for moderate level hikers to start with hard levels

Saturday, December 02, 2017

NOT HARD. Moderate at best. We were expecting a challenging workout, but were disappointed. Never even broke a sweat.

Monday, November 13, 2017

Great hike/run. I enjoyed going first thing in the morning as the sun was burning off the fog.

Friday, November 10, 2017

This was great. Very serene hike. There were probably some incredible views on this hike, but I didn’t see them because there was so much fog. I quite enjoyed the fog, though. It made for a very eerie and isolating experience. There was a short time where the fog broke and gave me a glimpse at Sausalito. It was breathtaking. I saw quail, hawks, ravens, and a ton of little chirpy birds. Some of their calls were really beautiful. There were also lizards, a group of bucks, at least 15 rabbits, and plenty of slugs. As far as difficulty, the main thing here is that it’s long! I was sweating a lot by the end, but there was never an incline that made me feel like my lungs were on fire. Anyone can do this hike. I’ll definitely be back, and highly recommend this hike for people with at least 3.5 hours to kill. Don’t be scared off by the “hard” label or the long distance. It’ll hurt, but you can do it!

Friday, November 03, 2017

Great hike, great views. Not a lot of shade on the trail, so bring plenty of water for you and your canine companion.

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Great workout, but not the best hike to bring your girlfriend on for her bday - bring lots of water and apologies.

Saturday, October 21, 2017

This is a challenging hike, it’s long and it has numerous steep climbs that are each 1-2 miles in length and there is no tree cover. I parked at the suggested trailhead near the roundabout off Conzelman Road and hiked clockwise. My total hike was 12 miles, 4 hours 20 minutes.

Monday, August 14, 2017

Nice view . Very good workout.

Saturday, August 12, 2017

I'm not one to go hiking much but I did the entire trail suggested by All Trails. It was foggy out most of the time which was pretty cool, but not much to see looking outwards from the trail. It was long and hard in my opinion as a non hiker but completely worth it just to say you did it.

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Nice, moderate trail. Pretty much exposed throughout whole trail, so great spring hike

Thursday, June 01, 2017

Best views are before the run below the parking lot.

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Fantastic loop. It was nontrivial to figure out where the various trails connected, so i often consulted the app. The trail that connects to the loop is having some sort of construction work done at the very end, which made it a bit sketchy. You can either power through or walk along the highway, which was a bit sketchy in its own right.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

I love this place

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Very nice hike, worth noting that you can also drive your car down the hill, take a left and you can find parking with access to Rodeo Valley Trail which takes you to the Miwok / Bobcat intersection. Views are great at the top, you can see the Bay Bridge and Golden Gate through the hills. When you're down, its worth a drive down to the beach

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Views are spectacular! Perfectly challenging, not too difficult for my nine year old son.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

This is a combination of a few trails, so if you're just going off signs it's easy to get lost if you're not familiar with the area (I'm not). The AllTrails map helped me stay on track though! Beautiful views at the top of the loop, great place to stop and eat lunch if you're making a day of it. The end of the trail is along a windy road, so be careful on the tight shoulders, otherwise great!

Monday, September 12, 2016

One of my favorite hikes. Pretty steep climb most of the way, with very little shade so bring some sun protection. You can get a great view of Marin and the Golden Gate Bridge at the top of this loop!