Rodeo Valley Trail To Miwok Trail Loop Via Coastal Trail

Rodeo Valley Trail To Miwok Trail Loop Via Coastal Trail is a 11.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mill Valley, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

2034 feet

beach

Nice views, fun to explore and wasnt too hard of a hike.

This is my first longest trail route. It has lot of trails inside you may end up going into some other route ensure you can carry gps trackers. In this trail route you will see golden gate and Pacific Ocean. Good for moderate level hikers to start with hard levels

NOT HARD. Moderate at best. We were expecting a challenging workout, but were disappointed. Never even broke a sweat.

Great hike/run. I enjoyed going first thing in the morning as the sun was burning off the fog.

This was great. Very serene hike. There were probably some incredible views on this hike, but I didn’t see them because there was so much fog. I quite enjoyed the fog, though. It made for a very eerie and isolating experience. There was a short time where the fog broke and gave me a glimpse at Sausalito. It was breathtaking.

I saw quail, hawks, ravens, and a ton of little chirpy birds. Some of their calls were really beautiful. There were also lizards, a group of bucks, at least 15 rabbits, and plenty of slugs.

As far as difficulty, the main thing here is that it’s long! I was sweating a lot by the end, but there was never an incline that made me feel like my lungs were on fire. Anyone can do this hike.

I’ll definitely be back, and highly recommend this hike for people with at least 3.5 hours to kill. Don’t be scared off by the “hard” label or the long distance. It’ll hurt, but you can do it!

Great hike, great views. Not a lot of shade on the trail, so bring plenty of water for you and your canine companion.

Great workout, but not the best hike to bring your girlfriend on for her bday - bring lots of water and apologies.

This is a challenging hike, it’s long and it has numerous steep climbs that are each 1-2 miles in length and there is no tree cover. I parked at the suggested trailhead near the roundabout off Conzelman Road and hiked clockwise. My total hike was 12 miles, 4 hours 20 minutes.

Nice view . Very good workout.

I'm not one to go hiking much but I did the entire trail suggested by All Trails. It was foggy out most of the time which was pretty cool, but not much to see looking outwards from the trail. It was long and hard in my opinion as a non hiker but completely worth it just to say you did it.

Nice, moderate trail. Pretty much exposed throughout whole trail, so great spring hike

Best views are before the run below the parking lot.

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Fantastic loop. It was nontrivial to figure out where the various trails connected, so i often consulted the app. The trail that connects to the loop is having some sort of construction work done at the very end, which made it a bit sketchy. You can either power through or walk along the highway, which was a bit sketchy in its own right.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

I love this place

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Very nice hike, worth noting that you can also drive your car down the hill, take a left and you can find parking with access to Rodeo Valley Trail which takes you to the Miwok / Bobcat intersection. Views are great at the top, you can see the Bay Bridge and Golden Gate through the hills. When you're down, its worth a drive down to the beach

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Views are spectacular! Perfectly challenging, not too difficult for my nine year old son.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

This is a combination of a few trails, so if you're just going off signs it's easy to get lost if you're not familiar with the area (I'm not). The AllTrails map helped me stay on track though! Beautiful views at the top of the loop, great place to stop and eat lunch if you're making a day of it. The end of the trail is along a windy road, so be careful on the tight shoulders, otherwise great!

Monday, September 12, 2016

One of my favorite hikes. Pretty steep climb most of the way, with very little shade so bring some sun protection. You can get a great view of Marin and the Golden Gate Bridge at the top of this loop!

Saturday, July 16, 2016

I started from the Coastal Trail, then the Bobcat Trail, and continued to the Rodeo Valley Trail for a total of 7.8 miles. While I was hiking fog was rolling in so it blocked the Sun and keep me cool all the way. It was a great afternoon hike.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Would have a been a great walk except for the road part at the end. Otherwise it was great! Lol

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Good, nice wise single track, good mix up uphill and descent , nice views

Friday, May 13, 2016

Awesome

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Super nice

Monday, March 28, 2016

Hiked early morning - heavy fog made for a cool hike but blocked what I would assume are incredible views

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Great view, and easy trail!

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Did the Tennessee valley, part of coastal trail to the top and then back down to Tennessee beach a total of 7 miles. Good hike, parts of coastal pretty steep, Tennessee valley is an easy hike. Wide paths, just no shade so wear sunblock and a hat on a rare sunny day in the bay.

Sunday, July 05, 2015

I love hiking here! It has awesome views of marin;)

Friday, January 23, 2015

It was very beautiful. Great way to get away from the city.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Oh my, I can't say enough about the Headlands! You can be in downtown San Fran, and then in minutes be in the middle of nowhere/everywhere in the Marin Headlands. Just amazing that we were able to protect these lands from development so close to such a large metropolitan area. Great for biking, hiking, walking along the beach, spectacular vistas, the smell of eucalyptus, oh my.

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Great trail for everyone who wants adventure, likes learning about history, and wants different paces with the trail at a time.