Rodeo Valley Trail To Miwok Trail Loop Via Coastal Trail

Rodeo Valley Trail To Miwok Trail Loop Via Coastal Trail is a 11.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mill Valley, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Great hike/run. I enjoyed going first thing in the morning as the sun was burning off the fog.

This was great. Very serene hike. There were probably some incredible views on this hike, but I didn’t see them because there was so much fog. I quite enjoyed the fog, though. It made for a very eerie and isolating experience. There was a short time where the fog broke and gave me a glimpse at Sausalito. It was breathtaking.

I saw quail, hawks, ravens, and a ton of little chirpy birds. Some of their calls were really beautiful. There were also lizards, a group of bucks, at least 15 rabbits, and plenty of slugs.

As far as difficulty, the main thing here is that it’s long! I was sweating a lot by the end, but there was never an incline that made me feel like my lungs were on fire. Anyone can do this hike.

I’ll definitely be back, and highly recommend this hike for people with at least 3.5 hours to kill. Don’t be scared off by the “hard” label or the long distance. It’ll hurt, but you can do it!

Great hike, great views. Not a lot of shade on the trail, so bring plenty of water for you and your canine companion.

Great workout, but not the best hike to bring your girlfriend on for her bday - bring lots of water and apologies.

This is a challenging hike, it’s long and it has numerous moderately steep climbs that are each 1-2 miles in length and there is no tree shade. These long sections of climbing will definitely give you a workout. The app rates this hike as hard. I agree. I parked at the suggested trailhead near the roundabout off Conzelman Road. Next time I’ll park near the Gerbode trailhead in Rodeo Valley instead and pick up the remaining loop there. This will eliminate the out-back section of the Coastal Trail and will shorten the hike by approx 3 miles and will result in a better hike. My total hike was 12 miles, 4 hours 20 minutes.

Nice view . Very good workout.

I'm not one to go hiking much but I did the entire trail suggested by All Trails. It was foggy out most of the time which was pretty cool, but not much to see looking outwards from the trail. It was long and hard in my opinion as a non hiker but completely worth it just to say you did it.