Rodeo Beach Coastal Trail Loop

Rodeo Beach Coastal Trail Loop is a 4.9 mile loop trail located near Sausalito, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The coastal Trail follow the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean. Great views for sunsets, remember a camera for this picturesque hike. Take the Coastal trail to the Miwok trail for unbelievable views of the Pacific Ocean and Rodeo Beach. Although steep, this hike is worth the effort.

From the Rodeo Beach parking lot go clockwise: Coastal Trail - Wolf Ridge Trail - Miwok Trail - Rodeo Valley Trail - parking lot. Personal rating: good hike to repeat, moderate level, not long, 1 hr 45 min, beautiful views.

Love this loop and generally not too many people

Amazing!

Great views. Not too difficult, although there's almost no shade, so wear sunscreen!

I took the suggestion to go counter-clockwise which was beautiful as the sun was going down and def worth the short divert to Hill 88. Really great, short trail, not too taxing- just watch out for mountain bikes on the single track sections.

Nice hike to get in during the late afternoon if you have a late start. I would recommend this hike on a hot day. There were some cool breezes when we went. The view of the Golden Gate Bridge would have been better if there had not been any fog.

Amazing hike, moderate, with stunning views!

Great hike! Went with my dog! Here are two tips!

(1) if you start at the parking lot most people go clockwise. For a more spectacular climax, and to get the slightly boring and flat bits out of the way first, I suggest going counterclockwise.

(2) Take the slight detour for Hill 88. It's not that much longer and gets you to a higher peak.

great hike with your pup! whale sightings!

Pretty nice mellow hike

Stunning views out here! Always on the hunt for dog friendly paths, and we were able to take him off leash. Part of the trail is on a paved road but we deviated a bit to get off it and gain some extra elevation.
Can get pretty chilly and windy even on a clear, sunny day.

Great loop trail with stunning scenery! Bring your dog, but watch out for rattlesnakes!

Easy parking at Rodeo Beach. I went clockwise up the Coastal Trail - uphill for 1.9 miles and a bit of a workout. The rest of the hike is easy - downhill and then flat through the valley. Great open vistas the entire way. Excellent coast/ocean views during the first half of the hike.

We veered into this trail from the easy Tennessee Valley Trail. Beautiful sweeping coastal views!

Not much shade, and some parts can be steep, but the views are pretty awesome. My dog had a great time too.

I took this trail and expanded to a total length of 8 miles: At the Wolf Ridge Trail meets the Miwok Trail, instead of turning right, I went straight and continued onto Miwok Trail, Bobcat Trail and then back to Miwok Trail. At the end of the Miwok Trail, I turned right onto the Lagoon Trail and back to the parking lot. Most trails on this loop are fire roads good for biking but not the best for hiking. At the peak of the Miwok Trail there were some gorgeous views of the SF Bay.

Solid trail with nice views throughout. A popular route, but not too crowded.

Thursday, December 22, 2016

This trail was so great!! We took a dog with us, didn't run into any trouble. We took the trail counter clockwise( I definitely recommend going this way). It's a long gradual way up and around but on the way down back you get the amazing views of the coast and get to have fun with all the old military stuff around. I also recommend taking a little detour and going up to Hill 88. Bunkers and views await up there. The trails are extremely well marked and maintained. We went on a weekday so parking wasn't hard, but there is lots of options right by the beach on Mitchell Rd. And if you follow along there is also a big parking lot with bathrooms. It was a cool sunny, slightly windy day but if you go in the summer bring lots of water because there is practically zero shade along the whole trail. AMAZING HIKE!!

I've added some pictures from this hike on: http://vsco.co/daianasegura/