New Years Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $19.99
Get Started

Rocky Peak Trail

Rocky Peak Trail is a 4.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Simi Valley, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.6 miles Elevation Gain: 961 feet Route Type: Out & Back

cave

Great wake up call to check if your in shape. I haven't hiked in over a year, this is my first one and yeah I'll be back need to get back in shape

Loved this hike! A pretty steady and steep climb. Amazing views all the way to the top. Was great to sign in the book at the peak!

This is just a really fun hike! Lots of exploring off trail. Beautiful views.

Great hike! It gets more difficult at the very end. I’m glad I wore my hiking boots and not just sneakers, it was pretty steep and rocky on the way back down. Not a ton of shade so I wouldn’t recommend going when it’s hot. Awesome views at the top!

Nice trail but rocky and a little hard at the end.

it's basically a fire road until the last 5% of the trail. The view at the peak is great, 360 degree views. Not worth a repeat imho.

I am not sure about how this trail came to be about. The main wide moderate trail is not this trail. This trail turns off and becomes a narrow, rock scrambling, hard to follow trail to the peak.

I'd go longer if I were to go again, had a time crunch. June gloom made my hike pretty comfortable though.

Fun hike. Marine layer made the fact there is no shade on this hike no factor.

I really enjoyed this quick hike. We unfortunately left too late so didn’t make it to the peak before dark but we got 3/4 of the way up & back in about 1.5hrs. Amazing views, especially from being so close to the freeway! Gentle up hill most of the way. Good little workout of your short on time. I would wear hiking boots if I did it again bc of the terrain, although it’s not unmanageable in tennis shoes.

Great views of The Valley. Little to no shade. Limited parking.

We started at about 8am, very pleasant, good views. Lizards, a hawk, cute beetles. Good periods of incline/decline with some even space and good resting spots. Some rocky/sandy spots are slippery

Very fun trail. It’s pretty much a straight steady incline to the top but it’s worth it. I didn’t follow the exact trail here, ended up following the main rocky peak trail that branches to the left and then loops around. Came back the same way, it seemed to be what everyone was doing. Recommend starting early before it gets too hot! Best part for me besides the awesome views and serenity was how friendly everyone I saw on the trail was! Not lots of people, but enough to keep this solo hiker from feeling too nervous! Will be back!