Rocky Peak Trail

Rocky Peak Trail is a 4.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Simi Valley, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.6 miles Elevation Gain: 961 feet Route Type: Out & Back

cave

Nice trail but rocky and a little hard at the end.

it's basically a fire road until the last 5% of the trail. The view at the peak is great, 360 degree views. Not worth a repeat imho.

I am not sure about how this trail came to be about. The main wide moderate trail is not this trail. This trail turns off and becomes a narrow, rock scrambling, hard to follow trail to the peak.

I'd go longer if I were to go again, had a time crunch. June gloom made my hike pretty comfortable though.

Fun hike. Marine layer made the fact there is no shade on this hike no factor.

I really enjoyed this quick hike. We unfortunately left too late so didn’t make it to the peak before dark but we got 3/4 of the way up & back in about 1.5hrs. Amazing views, especially from being so close to the freeway! Gentle up hill most of the way. Good little workout of your short on time. I would wear hiking boots if I did it again bc of the terrain, although it’s not unmanageable in tennis shoes.

Great views of The Valley. Little to no shade. Limited parking.

We started at about 8am, very pleasant, good views. Lizards, a hawk, cute beetles. Good periods of incline/decline with some even space and good resting spots. Some rocky/sandy spots are slippery

Very fun trail. It’s pretty much a straight steady incline to the top but it’s worth it. I didn’t follow the exact trail here, ended up following the main rocky peak trail that branches to the left and then loops around. Came back the same way, it seemed to be what everyone was doing. Recommend starting early before it gets too hot! Best part for me besides the awesome views and serenity was how friendly everyone I saw on the trail was! Not lots of people, but enough to keep this solo hiker from feeling too nervous! Will be back!

Nice trail to do just before sun down. Sometimes someone parks so as to take up too much parking lot space - its a small lot. They may ticket if u park just beyond the no parking arrow. I was near my vehicle & got a warning. The trail is for those who like to ascend. its rocky but not unstable or full of loose gravel like some - so its a pleasurable experience if this is what you enjoy. Long enough to be a good medium workout. Pretty wild flowers and interesting giant rocks. One particularly cool tower of small rocks with a giant one on top - very mysterious how that managed to last in such a precarious formation. One cave - opened at both ends. Worthwhile views all along the journey

Was a great trail. Very very sunny, shade is slim to none. But amazing, simple and gorgeous views.

Fantastic trail with good cell service throughout. It’s a steady uphill climb most of the way with a beautiful sandstone cave about a mile from the entrance and gorgeous views of the surrounding hills. There’s no shade here so definitely go in the morning (I started at 7A) or when it’s overcast. Can’t imagine doing this hike at anything above 80 degrees. Lots of hikers and mountain bikers on this trail. I can never find the end of the trail as the trail loops in with other bigger trails but I ended up clocking at 9 miles on my FitBit so pretty sure I went past the end of the trail. The way down is rough on the knees so hiking poles would be ideal.

I’m a beginner hiker and not in shape at all and this was a WORKOUT for me! I sadly couldn’t even make it to the top but still managed to do around 5.3 miles up and down. Amazing views but no shade so beware of that.