Rock Creek to Long Lake Trail

Rock Creek to Long Lake Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bishop, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Beautiful view

spectacular! did the day hike and already can't wait to come back for overnight camping. trail to box lake is mostly clear of snow now. the real trail along long lake is still covered in snow, so we went to the right of long lake for a little bit, which was clear.

Awesome views with this hike! Hiked it in early July and there was still snow in parts of the trail. The dogs loved it, but the trail requires you to cross a river at one point and we didn't want to risk the current with the pups. One of my favorite hikes, though, highly recommended.

This is an awesome route! The road to Mosquito Flat is closed at Hilton Lakes so be prepared for an addition incline up the road. Encountered some patches of snow in the trail but still a serene adventure.

Really satisfied with this hike, it totally exceeded my expectations. I got to the trailhead at 9am, which was perfect because I had it to myself until the hike out. Highly recommend this to anyone, it was a pretty short hike with amazing views.

This is one of my annual hikes, I absolutely love this hike. You can make it as long or short as you like; although not huge elevation gains it is the highest improved hiking trail in California starting around 10,250' and makes the hike slightly more difficult. The drive to the starting point is an amazing place to see fall colors in early to mid October.

It's a very pretty high altitude hike. The parking lot fills up fast so get here as early as possible.

Love this trail. We visited this lake mid September. It was Zen-Sational..! Felt like we were there All alone, pure Bliss. Just a few people fishing. The scent of nature never smelled so good! Strongly recommend this trail, it was easy and very soothing.

Monday, July 04, 2016

That was a excellent hiking trail. You start off from the parking lot ( but be forewarned you need to get there early parking runs out quick ) then start the trail. At one point it does split stay to the left for the easier hike. We also brought our dogs and had no problems.

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Tuesday, November 03, 2015

The entire trail is beautiful, not overly crowded, and Long Lake is the prize at the end of the hike. Love this hike! Great for dogs, kids and fishing.

Sunday, June 28, 2015

This is a return point for the Little Lakes Trail. If you have the energy make it to Gem Lake. As if this review no snow and very well maintained trail.

Tuesday, October 07, 2014

A great easy day hike. We fished as well and had good lick with the flies at all of the lakes all the way to gem lakes. Good for kids and dogs!

Saturday, August 23, 2014