rock climbing

It was a great scenic view. you'll be awed by the various sizes of mountains, sky view, fog mingling among mountains, trees , landscapes etc.
I hike with my two daughters 8 and 10years old from Rock city parking lot to summit of Mount diablo. it took us 3.25hrs up and 2.5hrs back. it was a great hike. i'm proud of my girls!!. the only scray part was the stretch from a big water storage tank to devils spot was a single file hiking which any mistake could be disastrous. my recommendation at such spots are to have a firm gripping shoe and or a hiking stick or suffice like we did : have a normal sturdy tree branch stick we picked from the ground. at this spot it was kind of slippery during returning back so we had to bend a little to enforce our grip. I'm sure experienced hikers won't have a problem.
The kids in the end loved it all.
you'll need lots of water going up,(at least 3bottles each person) you'll be able to refill at the summit.
we saw a rattle snake which was basking itself in the sun. there was no need to panic. The kids got to play with sand also on the way. just being kids.
on arrival back at rock city, the kids had 5mins to enjoy the rocks , cause as you can imagine we were all spent.
I'm sure you'll all enjoy the hike.