Robie Point Firebreak Trail

Robie Point Firebreak Trail is a 5.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Auburn, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.5 miles Elevation Gain: 498 feet Route Type: Out & Back

It is a great workout when you head down to the river

I had a great time biking with my family on this trail. Some steep spots that they handled great (I am a scaredy-cat at took them super slow).

Nice trail with light traffic. Good trails to just wander into and randomly roam.

Very good if you’re looking for a good workout.

A wonderful hike overlooking the American River. Mostly fire roads but there are many opportunities to go on smaller trails and follow same route. I took the Tamaroo bar trail back along the river. Went swimming and then uphill most of the way back. I prefer that. Some sun and shade. Not busy in a Wednesday late morning and free parking. No bathroom at parking but up at Robie point there are port a potties.

Did this hike with my dogs and really enjoyed it! Free parking, wide, well maintained trails and not crowded, even mid day on a Saturday. Lots of shade and a nice work out coming back up from the river.

fun trail. went all the way down to the water, very peaceful. definitely a hike back up.

Pretty trail, not too difficult and a good hiking surface. Several gorgeous views. Calcutta Falls was flowing but the water was meager. The old railway bridge over the river is a great picture. My dog enjoyed the walk as well. We did steer off after the hike was done and hiked up to Robies Point...may as well, when we were already that far! That climb was not difficult, either. There are some extended areas without shade, but we were there in the early morning hours and the heat did not affect us.

lovely.

Loved the trail , the mileage seems off as we went out of our way to add mileage and still only ended up with 4 miles. It’s a very easy trail until you start the climb up from the river. Go down and hang out swim it’s beautiful, isolated and was super clear and nice.

Would recommend going in the mornings if going during the summer. We got there around 11 and it was HOT! There wasn’t much shade in the beginning. Towards the middle of the hike, you start to get some patches of shade, but once you feel the sun on your skin, you feel the immediate heat. It gets pretty rocky too. I didn’t have an issue, but my bf slipped twice and twisted his ankle. The hike is long too so be weary. We still had about 2 miles left until we were able to get back to the car. I’d recommend wear hiking shoes. We walked a little further and coming back, we ended the hike at 6.9 miles. The only reason I’d recommend this hike is to get a good workout, and it’s less crowded than some others in Auburn.

Not so moderate on the hills but a great hike with some wonderful views.

Start at Railhead down to River View to No Hands back up Western States. 1.75 liter not enough water. Need more real food. Would not of made it without Sidne.

great trail with beautiful views

Great trail for a morning hike! Lots of options of different trail sections that intersect so you can create your own loop!

Parked at Murphy Gate. Destination: waterfalls. Headed out to Robie's Point which turned out to be another staging area/parking lot. Continued on the Western States trail which just looped back to our original trail. Ended up calling it and heading back to car (hiking with two tired kiddos). Next time will try the trail leading to Mt. Quarries RR Bridge and see where that takes us. Beautiful wildflowers.

This was awesome, I took my 6 year old, he did awesome. A little more incline for a kid friendly trail than I expected but it felt awesome. Beautiful views. Couldn’t figure out how to get to the water lol I would go again.

Great hike, my pup and I had a great time. Came across a rattlesnake on the train so watch where you step!!

heavily trafficked, at times so trafficked it was like being in a mall. well marked but watch out for poison oak. but hey, it got me out on a new trail.

This was a great little hike to get your heart rate up a bit. Use the map and record your path - there are many trail choices and it’s difficult to stay on course u less you’re using this map. No waterfall seen. The river and Foresthill Bridge views were beautiful. You do not get close to the water edge.

Beautiful hike with amazing views and the ability to go swimming in the river!

Me Eric and Dez

this was a surprising trail. My first thought was that it would be a very open, hot hike. In the summer it would be a touch hot but Sunday was nice. there are alot of trail options with access to great river views. Some climbing on the way back but nothing too harsh.there was a little mud but it had rained a couple days before. Enjoy

really great trail, waterfalls are beautiful. went all the way up, was muddy but not too bad. will definitely go again and again

Really great trail with a lot of variation. Beautiful water views, water falls, and some cool old structures from the former railroad. Many people running this trail. Get there early for parking!