Roberts Ranch Trail

Roberts Ranch Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Alpine, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 2.8 miles Elevation Gain: 259 feet Route Type: Loop

Park near gate. Trail is overgrown but fun to just walk threw meadow.

Lots of cute cows, but the trail really isn’t marked. Basically just walking around a pasture full of cow pies.

Sunday, October 14, 2018

I liked the wide open space and it was great to see the natural vegitation and animals in the area. Only bad thing about it was the endless amount of cow pies. Be careful where you walk!

Sunday, April 29, 2018

I intended to do this as a trail run as it looked easy and flat, and it was actually pretty good for trail running; however there are sections of the trail that basically disappear; or get cut across by jeep tracks; or are otherwise hard to follow. If you look at my recording I look like a drunk person going back & forth across the "trail" trying to find it and go the right direction. I was not expecting a navigational challenge on this route! I was never afraid of being lost; it was pretty wide open and I could hear the freeway. But it was uncrowded and pleasant. It was fun seeing the bear from Lions, Tigers, and Bears from afar. There were a couple of bow hunters there, and a canine search & rescue team were training - it was a little disconcerting to have a German shepherd run toward me at one point, but I quickly realized he was not interested in me. The "trail" goes through oak trees and along a streambed, and out onto a wide open meadow with cows here and there.

Wednesday, March 14, 2018