Roadrunner Trail is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Rancho Mirage, California that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and road biking and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 3.8 miles Elevation Gain: 692 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Begins just past the grassy area in front of the Mirada fountain that is located at the bottom of Frank Sinatra Dr. near Hwy 111. It moves off the street through a group of palm trees and continues parallel to the road. The trail crosses Frank Sinatra Drive and continues south up the mountain.

We really enjoyed the trail, starting from the employee parking lot to the right / opposite the Ritz Carlton Hotel. Lots of nice views, and a pleasant/easy hike.

This was a very nice trail. I would rate it on the hard side of easy or easy side of moderate. It is a single track so no walking side by side. If anyone is afraid of “being on the edge” there were only one or two times we felt the drop off was a bit steep. We hiked in amazing weather (70 degree January day) but there is no shade so on a hot day I would use caution to the time of day I hiked. I brought my walking sticks and was glad I did but I didn’t need them for most of the trail. We only saw a few other hikers on this trail when we were out and was surprised there weren’t more. We only walked the trail one way due to time. We ended up finishing the trail at the ritz and then walked down the main road to our car. We will do this hike again!

A great trail! I definitely will do it again! Great views!

From the City Hall parking lot it was 4.6 kilometres. It took us 1 hour and 10 minutes. Good work out. Nice views. Narrow paths. Really enjoyed it but I think next time my reward will be breakfast at the Ritz

recorded Roadrunner Trail

This is literally one of the ugliest trails I’ve been on. Unless you like views of trailer parks, I would skip it. The only plus is that you get some exercise. A treadmill might be better.

Sun May 26 2019

Very nice. On the high end of easy.

Sat Mar 16 2019

Fri Feb 15 2019

The Road Runner trail is obliterated by Rockside approximately one 12:45 3rd miles in. Take the side trail to the chuckwalla instead. Parking is available in the Rancho Mirage City Hall parking lot turn. South on Frank Sinatra and then immediately left into the parking lot. Then turn right to go to the parking lot in the back. Go up small trail, cross over the street, and the trail starts there. Gorgeous views. But still within earshot of the road.

Sat Dec 22 2018

NOT an 'Easy' rated trail. I only road to where the GOAT trail meets the bridge across from the Goat Trail Overlook trail head.

recorded Chuckwalla Trail Loop