River View Trail and Railroad Bed Trail Loop

River View Trail and Railroad Bed Trail Loop is a 2.8 mile loop trail located near Antioch, California. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

This is a simple, short hike, appropriate for beginners and kids. Most of the uphill occurs in the first half mile. After the first mile, it's pretty much all downhill.

This is one of my favorite trails in Black Diamond Mines. I like to hit it with my 2 year old son in a hiking carrier near the end of the day. I’m tall and there’s no brush for me to dodge!

The trail is what you make of it. If you take your time, it’s pretty easy after the first mile. I am always up against the park closing, especially in the winter, so I do this as fast as I can. It’s a great workout, if you keep the pace up.

Also the views from the top are amazing. In the early morning you can see the sun reflecting off the delta, in the evening you can see the sun setting with Mt Diablo in the background.

Great Hike. I did this loop Counter Clockwise. Pretty flat at the start after .7 miles at the switchback too river view trail it starts too climb. Not super steep. Lots of cows. End of the loop is really steep going down.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Wide open spaces... Always did this in combination with other trails. Good area for wiinter and spring hikes.

recorded 19srp17