Learn more

River Bluff Trail [CLOSED]

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray Star(13)
Hughson, California

River Bluff Trail [CLOSED] is a 1.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Hughson, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 1.4 miles Elevation Gain: 49 feet Route Type: Loop

closed

NOTE: As of September 2019, hikers report this area closed. Expected re-opening march-april 2020.

Old review-When we went last year. Tons of red ants and swampy. Essentially an extension of Legion. Iffy people in the parking lot.

This trail is currently closed

closed

Looks like they working on the area and it should be nice someday, but currently there is a full size fence with a big sidewalk closed sign! Very disappointing

Tue May 14 2019

It took us a second to find the beginning of the trail because everything was so overgrown, but it took us right next to the water and there was a lot of beautiful butterflies flying all around you basically the whole time. It was short but it was perfect for beginning.

Mon May 13 2019

I went there with my two grandchildren and was glad I had my large dog with me. We all enjoyed the environment but I did not feel safe with the homeless men there. I felt like we were being watched and followed. We left after a short time.

Wed May 01 2019

Sun Jan 06 2019

A nice, easy, short, local hike with views of the pond and river. The walking paths are wide and there were a lot of birds to be seen. A newer looking gazebo and benches overlook the river as well to take a break. Directions to the trail were not well marked - park near the playground and walk along the fenced fields to follow the service road down hill to an old dirt parking lot where the trails really begin.

Mon Oct 08 2018

I'm glad it was clean! easy for both the kid and the dog

Sat Jul 28 2018

Great little trail that goes through the park into the back by the river. It circles a little pond that looks like it may have bass and frogs in it. It reminded me of some of the places I fished as a kid. After I finished the trail I went next door and played the back 9.

Tue Oct 02 2018