River Bend-Majestic Oaks Loop Trail

River Bend-Majestic Oaks Loop Trail is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ripon, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

wheelchair friendly

NOTE: There is a $12 parking fee. Some native plants you may come across are wild roses, California buckeyes, valley oaks, willows, poison oaks, elderberries, and many more. Non-native plants such as edible figs and tree-of-heaven can be found here are well. Don't be surprised if you happen to see gray fox, brush rabbits or woodrat, they live here as well. You can also be on the look out for owls, though they're not as easy to spot.

Kids and I had a lot of fun but make sure you bring bug spray tons of mosquitoes

I hiked this trail on 5/17/17. Parts are inaccessible due to flooding and the trail markers are...inconsistent. In other words some parts are very well marked, yet other parts are not marked at all. Still, it was a pleasant hike. I arrived there about 9am, no one was at the gate. I self registered and paid and found once I got to the parking lot that I was the only one there. I had the trail, and pretty much the whole park to my self for the hour and a half that I was there. That was pretty amazing. It was a nice hike and I will definitely return and hike the parts that I couldn't get to at another time.

We went out today on this. It is not marked well. Start from the parking lot that is the larger and follow the trail that is straight ahead . The park is on the left with the bathhorm and the trail is the small one to the right. It goes to the beach first. Follow this trail and stay to your left for the whole trip and you will loop around. Eventually you will come to some trail mark signs. This trail is very well kept and lightly traveled. Very safe and my and my girlfriend had a great time.

No bikes allowed! It's perfect for a quick bike burn. Let the mountain bikers in. This is why state parks are closing, exclude a popular family friendly activity and no one will show up to pay the day fee.

Monday, September 05, 2016

Nice shaded trail. Easy walk. The cost to get in now is $12.00.

Monday, August 01, 2016

$10 parking and no dogs allowed on the trail?!?! That's upsetting, but driving in it looks gorgeous, that's all I can say.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Thanks to the drought anywhere you go around here is dry and less beautiful than It's full potential right now. But if you're anything like me, sometimes it's less about the hike, or the view at the end. Sometimes you just need to get out, away from people, and the hustle and bustle of life. This park is only 15 minutes from my house, and is perfect for those days that I just need a break. I don't know that there is such a thing as a "beautiful view" in ripon, so for what is it, I like it! Very easy!

Friday, April 15, 2016

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Was just there today and it was beautiful. The trails were well marked also. Might not be as enjoyable in the summer when it's not so green.

Friday, April 01, 2016

Thought it was beautiful

Sunday, March 06, 2016

Sunday, September 06, 2015

Pretty boring trail. Everything is overgrown to accommodate rabbits indigenous to the area so the scenery isn't very good and the river is barely visible from the trail

Sunday, April 05, 2015

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Easy park to find and lots of trails to explore, very easy hiking. Wear bug spray, the water is stagnant and there are mosquitoes. Parking is too expensive...$12.00!

Monday, June 16, 2014

Easy, short walking trail. Not very exciting...

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Not a great trail at all and full of ticks.

Monday, April 30, 2012

I have to agree with the other reviews. This shouldn't be listed as a hike, nor a bike trail. It's too small, and no markings at all. Only good thing is we had our little dog who doesn't walk too much, she gets too tired, so we called it quits after 30 minutes of trying to find the trail head. Save your time and go somewhere else. This is not a hike.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

The park was super easy to get to, its literally like 2 turns off of hwy 99. Other than that it didn't have a whole lot more going for it. The trails weren't groomed very well at all. But I don't say that because I want the trails to be perfectly clean, it looked like they had gone through and done a lot of clearing and piled the debris in the trail ways. It was cool to take the kids there because there was no difficulty to the trails at all. Not a whole lot to look at either. Probably won't be going back there.