Rios Avenue Trail

Rios Avenue Trail is a 4.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Solana Beach, California that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for walking, trail running, nature trips, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The Rios Ave trail is pretty cool itself but Annie's Canyon is where it's at. Definitely take the "strenuous" route when you get to the sign for Annie's. You'll get to experience slot canyon hiking which was absolutely amazing. Some technical type areas in the way of squeezing through and grabbing foot/hand holds but I would imagine just about anyone could accomplish this. A couple high step ups were a little difficult(I'm 5'4) but was still able to get up. It's an absolute blast and you feel so accomplished when you get to the top. Views from the top are great. I'm not claustrophobic but at a couple spots felt a little closed in but it's not too far to the top so just keep calm and you'll be fine. As long as you mind your foot placement it's not too difficult. If you don't want to do the slot canyon, head to the left at the sign and it's a normal hiking trail with the benefit of the same end point up at the top. I can't wait to do Annie's canyon again.

We love coming to Annie's canyon, the sign says strenuous but if your in decent shape it's doable. It gets easier every time:). Watch out for mosquitos, I came home with no less than 8 bites ew. EDIT: As a big girl, I made it through the narrow slots. So, if your worried you can't squeeze thru- you probably can.

This trail scenic and family friendly. I took my six year old daughter on the Rio Ave to Annie's Canyon loop and she made it no problem. I can't wait for the rest of the trail to open after construction.

This is a beautiful and very easy hike along the lagoon. Lots of wildflowers to see as well as birds (herons, ducks) in the water. When you get to the sign for Annie's Canyon, choose the 'strenuous one way' rather than the 'moderate view point'. You won't be disappointed! This is where you will climb through a very narrow and winding rock formation. Warning if you are claustrophobic- it's very narrow! So much fun though. It's sandy and steep in parts but there are lots of foot holes. Very enjoyable

As somewhat claustrophobic, Annie's Canyon was a challenge that seemed to call for some expletives, but once out, I felt very proud of myself. If you too are claustrophobic, I will lend you my son to follow you and urge you on as he did for me! You too will feel accomplished!

mushroom caves are awesome! must see

The coastal lagoon walk is nice, but you really must see Annie's Canyon when you go through here..

It was a wonderful experience. The Annie's Canyon is a unique experience, a lot of fun. Not straneous at all.