Rio Hondo Cycleway is a 18 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near South Gate, California that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 18.0 miles Elevation Gain: 485 feet Route Type: Point to Point

Interesting Trail - Good During The Day, but not at night because there is not a lot of good lighting at night, it is really dark. Be careful if you go at night

awesome trail clean fun

Sat Jan 19 2019

easy, short hike at Wilderness Park next to 605 fwy and Florence Ave

Tue Jun 26 2018

Trail is clean and long with opportunities to branch off. Not scenic, but good opportunity to rack up some miles.

Mon Nov 27 2017

I love this place  es super para relajarse.

Sat Apr 29 2017

I live in the neighborhood... this path is convenient for my daily walk. Love that it's never packed with too many walkers, joggers, bikers... makes me feel like I am away from it all. I walk from Peck park to the airport which is usually 4 miles round trip .... or sometimes I opt to walk around the lake along side the golf course and til I hit Live Oak, turn around and that's 3 miles. There are times I have done it all and you hit about 6 miles. Very versatile and I have made friends. I love taking photos there, too... it's my spot. ❤️

Thu Jul 25 2013

This Bike trail is just amazing. Not many bikers on this trails. I live only 5 minutes away from here so its even better. The lake at the start of the trail is just Beautiful. I always go there when I am biking on this trail. You can sit there in the park looking at the lake, and you'll see mountains in the background. What a wonderful setting.! 5 Stars for this Awesome trail.

Fri Apr 26 2013

Very nice bike trail, smooth and easy with minimal usage. Enjoy your ride through Legg Lake past the El Monte Airport and end at Emerald Park.

recorded Legg Lake Loop Trail