Remington Hot Spring Trail

Remington Hot Spring Trail is a 0.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bodfish, California that features hot springs and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

hot springs

nice trail, the walk back is killer so be prepared. Bring water....lots esp. in summer

It’s so nice & the water feeels great but a lot of weirdos lol

My friend and I were out here the other day at about 7pm. I’m glad I had my headlamp because it was pitch black. There was no moon out but the stars looked amazing! When we arrived, there was one couple in one of the pools and some tweeker in the small rectangular pool. Since it was later in the day and completely dark, my friend and I got naked and we sat next to the tweeker (hahaha). Please note, my friend and I are larger (fluffy) guys so when we sat in the rectangular pool, the water overflowed to the other pools (too bad the tweeker didn’t float on over..). About an hour later, the couple there had departed and my friend and I made our way to that pool, leaving the tweeker alone in a half empty pool (hahaha). We stayed for about 2 hrs gazing at the stars and just floating naked in the hot pool. This was our first time coming here and it was a great experience for the both of us. We would definitely do it all over again. The map on this app was great to use especially since my phone reception had stopped working. The hike down to the pools was a breeze; however, for two fluffy guys heading back up the trail, it was an adventure.

I went there with my baby, it was a nice day.
We had big fun hike both way down to the hot water and hiked up the hill.

We arrived. Skinny-dippers all over left and right. After about 1hr of being there everyone left and we had all 3 ‘pools’ to ourselves. Once we had it to ourselves it was GREAT!

PROS:
Warm/hot water
Water is see-through to the bottom
Clean water cycles daily with the natural spring current
Good views on the way there
Good views once there
Great great great spot if you get it all to yourself
My belongings were respected
People were respectful
Easy/short hike down/up

CONS:
Visibly flowing dead skin
Skinny-dippers (may be present)
Groups of people hang out spot
People camping very nearby
Water smells like sulfur/egg (you get use to it quick)
Trash/man made stuff left behind
You may come across ‘sensitive’ people
For elders (The hike back up may be a little steep)

Too many people and too much trash. It's now more of a cesspool than a hot spring. Go if you don't mind sitting shoulder to shoulder with 7 other people. Including children who urinate in the water.

too confusing not easy

Absolutely loved it. Trail was a little confusing at times (though not long and I forgot to use my map). Easy enough for my three year old to hike with most of the way down and up with minimal help. Very busy during the day as a local hang out with drinking involved so if you want peace and quiet I suggest going really early.

The trail was very steep and slippery. So much trash and the people were not all friendly.

Sure was nice, the people were friendly. Just stick to the trail or ask someone, there is usually someone on top. Have fun and enjoy.

I do not recommend that anyone follow my gps trail path. I showed up super late at night after sunset and, having never been here before, tried to find my way using a head lamp. Ended up falling down a few steep cliff sides and landing on some boulders. If you do happen to go the wrong way like I did, there is actually a very nice stone staircase with safety railings on the other side of the parking lot. You can take that pathway back up if you just follow the river

Nice spot. River Water to high so all but 2 were fluded. Would come again.

Friday, April 14, 2017

Went today, kids enjoyed the trails but as others have said all but one of the springs is flooded and the one that is usable smells like sulfur

Thursday, April 13, 2017

was there today, all but one spring is flooded. don't think it's gonna get lower until august. there might be hippies that live there. very nice some trials around.

Saturday, March 18, 2017

river to high right now. hot springs pools under water.

Thursday, February 09, 2017

It is very nice but watch out for skinny dippers!

Thursday, January 26, 2017

We are planning to go here this weekend, anybody know the area's current condition after the heavy rain?

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Nice little hike. Downhill was super easy. Almost completely uphill on the way back was more difficult. Definitely worth exploring. The hot springs are stunningly picturesque next to the river.

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Great place to visit. Easy walk because the locals volunteer to keep the trail and springs tip top. FYI There is a big rock near the cool pool that seems like a good place to change, or put your stuff, dont do it, I saw multiple items end up in the river including a set of keys.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Nice lil spot to hangout, very short trail.

Monday, October 03, 2016

great spot to check out!!! hike is short and pretty easy. coming back to the car its all uphill so becomes a little harder but not to shabby.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

The trail itself is pretty steep and has been washed out a few times. Absolutely worth it when you reach the hot springs though!!

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

short easy trail, very popular

Saturday, July 30, 2016

H vń knlnjnq

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

It was beautiful! It's an easy walk down to the water and it was just a great first time experience. Unfortunately I don't know how to swim so it was hot springs for me and rope swinging into the river for them!