Remington Hot Spring Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(96)
Sequoia National Forest

Remington Hot Spring Trail is a 0.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bodfish, California that features hot springs and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 0.4 miles Elevation Gain: 187 feet Route Type: Out & Back

hot springs

Dirty, bunch of trash and bottles. The actual springs are small. We got there at noon 5/12/20 and there were already 6 ppl in the pool + 3 more getting ready to go down. Dont even waste your time for it. Not worth it.

Get ready to work your quads down and calves back up! Steep grade Was not prepared for the amount of naked people. Was open 5/6/20

recorded Remington Hot Spring Trail

Popular place. Everything from nudes to party scene people.

If you go early enough, you will get the pools to yourself. It's a very short hike to the hot springs. Beware though! There are skinny dippers here. Incline on the way back. The hot springs were clean and you can see through to the bottom. There were a lot of visible dead skin floating in the pools though.

This is a hidden gem! I recommend going early in the morning, it gets crowded after lunch. Hike is a little steep but not bad. Place is clean and hoping everyone that visits will leave it that way, CLEAN!

Just here to say that the hot springs are still flooded from snow melt. the upper, two person spring is open but thats it. river water is quite cold.

Definitely recommend hiking shoes. About 20 other people on a Thursday afternoon so the man made spring already had people in it. Only found the one hot spring. River is beautiful.

Still flooded as of 6/4/19 with only 1 small hot spring available. Rated moderate but definitely a challenging moderate with loose rock and steep inclines

Fri May 31 2019

Hot springs are currently covered by the river so the pools are all cold (river temp). Seems like a cool place to visit when the river level is lower. There was one hot spring higher up but seemed sketchy to sit in.. we had lunch, dipped our feet in the water and headed back. A family of 4 cows crowded the trail but did not bother us.

Mon May 20 2019

Hot springs are flooded by the river. 5/20/19

Thu May 02 2019

2 ways down to the trail. We took the furthest parking area to the trail. It's a steep decline, then a tiresome upclimb for people who are not the most athletic. Just follow the wooden rail beams and mane made walkways, its beyond worth the hike. We went on a Monday and there was a family down there and there was still room for me and my husband to join in. So beautiful right beside the river. The local family was impressed we knew about this hidden gem. There is a more common traveled hot spring down the road by Hobo Campground but this ones the best by far. Nudity is allowed at Remington hot springs unlike the other one near by if your not comfortable with nudity I'd try the other hot spring

Thu Apr 25 2019

Definitely difficult to find the start of the trail for the first time, look for lights/campfires while driving if you go at night. Theres kind of a trail going down, you should see some wood railing at some points, but it may take some trial and error. Also not difficult hiking; a man with crutches and one leg was able to make it. Once at the hotsprings though, they are amazing. Perfect spa temperature and right on the river; you can have one leg in the hot tub and one in the river. Also, thankfully, a couple comes out every Sunday evening to drain and clean the tubs so that they do not get shut down by local law enforcement as others in the area previously were. Not always kid-friendly, but there are another set of hot springs down the road where there is no nudity allowed.

Thu Apr 18 2019

steep Sandy trail to natural hit springs. tubs flooded with spring meltwater.

Sat Mar 30 2019

such beautiful hot springs! only had to share with a handful of people this time of year. perfect for sunset!

Tue Mar 26 2019

love this spot! gets crowded quickly over weekends

Sat Feb 23 2019

great little spot to visit some hot springs. There were about 6 people there when we went and there was no nudity. takes about 10 mins to get there and the pools are man made with natural sulfur heated water flowing in.

Sat Jan 05 2019

Great Spot! Got to get in early morning and enjoy it before a crowd showed up.

Sun Oct 21 2018

Beautiful hike lots of scenery, very short hike down there were a lot of people in the hot springs so was unable to get in or take pic of it. Was really hoping it wouldn’t be busy today. I didn’t want strange people in my photos. Overall good hike.

Sun Jul 29 2018

This was an awesome hike when it was snowing. There was a huge circle around the hot springs from the heat!!! Always be careful if you jump in the river though!!!

Sun Jun 03 2018

nice trail, the walk back is killer so be prepared. Bring water....lots esp. in summer

Thu Apr 05 2018

It’s so nice & the water feeels great but a lot of weirdos lol

Fri Feb 09 2018

My friend and I were out here the other day at about 7pm. I’m glad I had my headlamp because it was pitch black. There was no moon out but the stars looked amazing! When we arrived, there was one couple in one of the pools and some tweeker in the small rectangular pool. Since it was later in the day and completely dark, my friend and I got naked and we sat next to the tweeker (hahaha). Please note, my friend and I are larger (fluffy) guys so when we sat in the rectangular pool, the water overflowed to the other pools (too bad the tweeker didn’t float on over..). About an hour later, the couple there had departed and my friend and I made our way to that pool, leaving the tweeker alone in a half empty pool (hahaha). We stayed for about 2 hrs gazing at the stars and just floating naked in the hot pool. This was our first time coming here and it was a great experience for the both of us. We would definitely do it all over again. The map on this app was great to use especially since my phone reception had stopped working. The hike down to the pools was a breeze; however, for two fluffy guys heading back up the trail, it was an adventure.

Mon Jan 22 2018

I went there with my baby, it was a nice day. We had big fun hike both way down to the hot water and hiked up the hill.

Tue Jan 16 2018

We arrived. Skinny-dippers all over left and right. After about 1hr of being there everyone left and we had all 3 ‘pools’ to ourselves. Once we had it to ourselves it was GREAT! PROS: Warm/hot water Water is see-through to the bottom Clean water cycles daily with the natural spring current Good views on the way there Good views once there Great great great spot if you get it all to yourself My belongings were respected People were respectful Easy/short hike down/up CONS: Visibly flowing dead skin Skinny-dippers (may be present) Groups of people hang out spot People camping very nearby Water smells like sulfur/egg (you get use to it quick) Trash/man made stuff left behind You may come across ‘sensitive’ people For elders (The hike back up may be a little steep)

Tue Jan 16 2018

Too many people and too much trash. It's now more of a cesspool than a hot spring. Go if you don't mind sitting shoulder to shoulder with 7 other people. Including children who urinate in the water.

Mon Dec 18 2017