Reef Point and Crystal Cove Trail

Reef Point and Crystal Cove Trail is a 4.2 mile out and back trail located near Laguna Beach, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until November.

beach

Crystal Cove Alliance http://www.crystalcovealliance.org $15 Parking Fee

I did this trail in the late morning into the afternoon with plans to stop at the Beachcomber for lunch halfway through. It definitely took longer than expected to get midway but well worth the wait. If you want to do the same bring a back pack with a bathing suit and cover up and a credit card, so you can enjoy the restaurant/bar and lay on the beach.
However I should have ate less at the restaurant because the steep hill shortcut back to where we parked the car was not ideal on a full stomach. We ran out of time and had to cut the rest of the hike short.
Overall, gorgeous views and a nice breeze. But definitely not “easy.” I would say easy/moderate.
I didn’t realize the lower part of the trail is on the actual sand. Walking on the sand isn’t easy in my opinion. But a nice change of pace from your run of the mill dirt road trail.
Also there are plenty of bathrooms which is nice.

Beautiful view! I went yesterday with my husband to see the sunrise around )5:20am) and was worth it. Quit, peaceful and with a great great view. I also enjoyed staying down the beach after jogging in the trail, was so romantic.
Best time to go is before the sun come out to avoid the hit !
Highly recommended

Nice views. Very warm on the trails and on the beach.

The beach was very pretty and there was a lot of interesting rocks at the reef point area that resembled the millennium falcon. In the tide pool area there were an abundance of crabs, alive and dead. It’s a good walk for people who like the beach and some history.

This is a long walk, top half is paved or wood planks. Bottom is the beach.. sand and at the end of the loop rocks. I enjoyed myself and it was not challenging. Parking is $5 an hour or $15 for the day. For the four miles with a few stops it was just under two hours. I think of myself as a slow walker. Oh and there are three spots of stairs.

The kids love this trail because we always go down to the tide pools but down by the beach there are no restrooms and the walk up back to the blacktop trail is steep so prepare ahead.

Beautiful beach and coastline views-

Very easy trail with a beautiful view of the beach.

Simple hike yet gorgeous walking along the ocean. No crowds on Christmas made it even better. We brought my 3-month old niece along for the walk and she as zero complaints.

$15 for parking is a little steep, but I guess it helps keep the park clean and crowds a little smaller.

Very relaxing hike!

Nice walk, beach and nature, followed by lunch at the beachcomber restaurant.

Great trail!

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Great trail! BEAUTIFUL!

Saturday, June 10, 2017

We parked at reed point and started the bluff trail. I wish we would had gone down to the beach straght away. The upper trail is black top and hot. The beach is great. The sand is hard so walking in shoes or hiking boots like us is fine. Plenty of rocks in the water to explore at low tide. walk done to Crystal cove and have lunch on the beach at the Beachcomber. Good food. In between access to the beach there is very few people, you have the beach to yourself. Great day

Sunday, May 07, 2017

So pretty with tide pools

great

fun and easy

Saturday, April 01, 2017

Great route for kids. Especially with the destination being a strawberry shake at Ruby's.

Sunday, February 19, 2017

This was a beautiful beach to visit everything in nature was perfect my only complaints were they charge you $15 to park and the showers don't even work so you have to brush the sand off of yourself in the bathroom it sounds like a whole Lotta nothing for $15 and the tunnel leading to the beach was poorly maintained

Monday, September 26, 2016

Great beach hiking!

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Great views and easy hike. If you want a challenge go down each of the beach access trails and hike up. Bathroom access and The Beachcomber is there to quench your thirst.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Loved it. Nice work out if you add the stairs and ramps.

Friday, August 12, 2016

This is a fun easy hike along the coast for just a get outside and enjoy God's creation kind of day!!

Friday, April 15, 2016

my family and I had a blast...

Sunday, March 20, 2016

took the strenuous route. a lot of hills at the beginning and then we get to "the elevator" made it up and the views were beautiful.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Was a nice, hilly scenic walk. The view from the bluffs is amazing and you can walk your pup with you. If only they allowed dogs on the beach though!

Sunday, October 18, 2015

This is a really easy paved trail with great views. Really enjoyed it.

Sunday, August 02, 2015

Took my 4.5 year old girls and we really enjoyed the hike.

Friday, May 22, 2015

Came here for sunset and it was really beautiful! Nice walk on the beach and not very crowded. Be sure to explore all of the rocks! there are some really neat shapes and patterns.

Friday, July 25, 2014

Not really a hike, it was a nice easy walk along the shoreline. I took my 9 year old daughter as part of a Girl Scout merit badge requirement and she loved learning about our local geology. Even I at 40 learned new information! I definitely recommend this walk if you want to learn some great information while taking a leisurely stroll along the beach.