Reef Point and Crystal Cove Trail

Reef Point and Crystal Cove Trail is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Laguna Beach, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until November.

beach

partially paved

Crystal Cove Alliance http://www.crystalcovealliance.org $15 Parking Fee

Beautiful & peaceful! And lunch @ the date shake shake a tasty bonus!

Beautiful views of the ocean, but also the street. Nice easy walk great for kids.

Easy beautiful trail, part goes on a paved road, the other part is on the beach which is a good balance. Parking rate Mon-Fri after 5 pm - $3.

I didn't do quite this exact trails, but very similar. We started at the Los Trancos parking lot ($15), crossed PCH and took the paved path down to the side of the golf course. This part of the hike up on the cliff has some pretty views and lots of bathrooms along the way. There are plenty of spots to head down to the beach, but if you keep walking until you get to the golf course before you head down, you can see the cool Monterey Formation geological features and explore your first batch of tidepools! From there, we walked along the beach, peering into tidepools and crossing over some rocks along the way. Make sure you go at low tide to be able to cross all of this, or you may have to head back up to the cliffside and take a different beach access point down. We head down the beach until we just passed the Historic District and Beachcombers, stopped to look at the tidepools there, but honestly, got annoyed with the OC crowd (everyone was complaining really loudly about absolutely everything!), so we headed up the stairs in the Historic District, walked back along the cliffs back to Los Trancos.

A nice little beach walk, not strenuous at all. Got sweaty at the end as the morning started to heat up, but overall a very easy hike! (No dogs allowed! We saw one lady with her dog up top, but there are signs at all the beach access points that say no dogs.)

I did this trail in the late morning into the afternoon with plans to stop at the Beachcomber for lunch halfway through. It definitely took longer than expected to get midway but well worth the wait. If you want to do the same bring a back pack with a bathing suit and cover up and a credit card, so you can enjoy the restaurant/bar and lay on the beach.
However I should have ate less at the restaurant because the steep hill shortcut back to where we parked the car was not ideal on a full stomach. We ran out of time and had to cut the rest of the hike short.
Overall, gorgeous views and a nice breeze. But definitely not “easy.” I would say easy/moderate.
I didn’t realize the lower part of the trail is on the actual sand. Walking on the sand isn’t easy in my opinion. But a nice change of pace from your run of the mill dirt road trail.
Also there are plenty of bathrooms which is nice.

Beautiful view! I went yesterday with my husband to see the sunrise around )5:20am) and was worth it. Quit, peaceful and with a great great view. I also enjoyed staying down the beach after jogging in the trail, was so romantic.
Best time to go is before the sun come out to avoid the hit !
Highly recommended

Nice views. Very warm on the trails and on the beach.

The beach was very pretty and there was a lot of interesting rocks at the reef point area that resembled the millennium falcon. In the tide pool area there were an abundance of crabs, alive and dead. It’s a good walk for people who like the beach and some history.

This is a long walk, top half is paved or wood planks. Bottom is the beach.. sand and at the end of the loop rocks. I enjoyed myself and it was not challenging. Parking is $5 an hour or $15 for the day. For the four miles with a few stops it was just under two hours. I think of myself as a slow walker. Oh and there are three spots of stairs.

The kids love this trail because we always go down to the tide pools but down by the beach there are no restrooms and the walk up back to the blacktop trail is steep so prepare ahead.

Beautiful beach and coastline views-

Very easy trail with a beautiful view of the beach.

Simple hike yet gorgeous walking along the ocean. No crowds on Christmas made it even better. We brought my 3-month old niece along for the walk and she as zero complaints.

$15 for parking is a little steep, but I guess it helps keep the park clean and crowds a little smaller.

Very relaxing hike!

Nice walk, beach and nature, followed by lunch at the beachcomber restaurant.

Great trail!

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Great trail! BEAUTIFUL!

Saturday, June 10, 2017

We parked at reed point and started the bluff trail. I wish we would had gone down to the beach straght away. The upper trail is black top and hot. The beach is great. The sand is hard so walking in shoes or hiking boots like us is fine. Plenty of rocks in the water to explore at low tide. walk done to Crystal cove and have lunch on the beach at the Beachcomber. Good food. In between access to the beach there is very few people, you have the beach to yourself. Great day

Sunday, May 07, 2017

So pretty with tide pools

great

fun and easy

Saturday, April 01, 2017

Great route for kids. Especially with the destination being a strawberry shake at Ruby's.

Sunday, February 19, 2017

This was a beautiful beach to visit everything in nature was perfect my only complaints were they charge you $15 to park and the showers don't even work so you have to brush the sand off of yourself in the bathroom it sounds like a whole Lotta nothing for $15 and the tunnel leading to the beach was poorly maintained

Monday, September 26, 2016

Great beach hiking!

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Great views and easy hike. If you want a challenge go down each of the beach access trails and hike up. Bathroom access and The Beachcomber is there to quench your thirst.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Loved it. Nice work out if you add the stairs and ramps.

Friday, August 12, 2016

This is a fun easy hike along the coast for just a get outside and enjoy God's creation kind of day!!

Friday, April 15, 2016

my family and I had a blast...

Sunday, March 20, 2016

took the strenuous route. a lot of hills at the beginning and then we get to "the elevator" made it up and the views were beautiful.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Was a nice, hilly scenic walk. The view from the bluffs is amazing and you can walk your pup with you. If only they allowed dogs on the beach though!