Redwoods Reborn - Fall Creek

Redwoods Reborn - Fall Creek is a 7.8 mile loop trail located near Santa Cruz, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round.

Explore the Fall Creek Unit on the Fall Creek Trail. Hike past such monuments as th Big Ben Tree and the Barrel Mill Area. The Fell Creek offers beautiful redwood forests and a chance to get away from come of the crowds. Signs can be poorly marked. Take the Big Ben Trail to the Fell Creek Trail and return via the Lost Empire Trail.

We did this loop clockwise. The first 4-5 miles were gorgeous. The last couple were fine but with no variety and a lot of uphill (would be uphill either way as the trail descends in both directions from Big Ben).

Trail markers left something to be desired; however gps is great on this app and I checked several times to make sure we were still on course.

FALL CREEK IS WASHED OUT. You can reconnect to the trail by walking along the fallen trees in the river. The water was not high, so this was easy and fun.

The lime kilns were really cool! Glad we could see them on this hike.

Hey no snakes! Such a beautiful hike. Take it easy, start early. Amazing forest. 3 hours. Great photo opportunities!

Very hard and long!! I did it in 4 hrs with not stops.. but it's beautiful.. just be careful a lot of snakes I don't be scared because most of the time you don't see people... I love it!!

Really pretty, well-maintained trail. We got to Big Ben tree and went to the right, got as far as the creek and came back, so we didn't even do the majority of the trail, so I can't speak for the whole thing. What we did see was gorgeous.

The map is slightly off because of the drought and fallen trees but it's a great hike beautiful! Just wear your waterproof hiking boots! Okay

Friday, September 30, 2016

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Impromptu plan. Nice hike - challenging with a lot of cover

Monday, September 05, 2016

Enjoyable hike. It was a last minute decision to do this one and were not expecting much, but it proved to be very pretty. We did a counter clockwise loop. We were weary of the climb out as we descended into the valley - but it turned out to not be an issue. Gentle, consistent grade. Signage is not great,not helped by my no reading the directions here, but we found many regulars to ask for help.

Sunday, August 21, 2016