Redtail Ridge Trail

Redtail Ridge Trail is a 7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Laguna Beach, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 7.0 miles Elevation Gain: 1,105 feet Route Type: Out & Back

beach

Wife and I took the counter clockwise route from the free coastal peak park parking lot. Started 7:30am and it was a nice walk to the beach. Going back up was harder and longer and hotter even though it was 78 degree with minimal shade. It’s a serious hike 9.4 miles so bring lots of water and snacks.

Pros: Super bloom challenging but we were still able to hike quickly well defined trail Cons: rattlesnakes...scary but polite (they avoided us as much as we wanted to avoid part of trail very near residential

Tue Jan 02 2018

Great trail to hike on a clear day after a light rain.

Sun Sep 27 2015

One of my favorite things to do. It's a pretty bland trail but you can see the ocean almost the whole time. Best thing to do is park at the baseball and soccer fields up top then you don't have to pay and just hike down to the beach!

Fri Aug 20 2010

I loved this trail! It was a fun morning/afternoon hike. Don't forget to bring a lot of water though! It gets really hot out there. If you decide to take Moro Canyon trail on the way back to the ranger station, you come across this very cool little forest. I really recommend it. It is a ton different than most of the hikes I like to go on because it really IS a desert, I like forest hikes more.

recorded Crystal Cove