Reagan Ranch Trail

Reagan Ranch Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Agoura Hills, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

This was my first hiking experience in the area led by a friend of a friend and was not a good hike for beginners; however it was beautiful and worth it in the end. It was a perfect Easter afternoon and the flat beginning portion of this trail was nice with many wildflowers in bloom. We then went up the Lake Vista Trail to get to Crags Rd trail and over to the Mash picnic area. Going over the mountain was not easy for my 5 year old or the senior in our group. My 10 year old and the other kids on the hike made it over fine, but none of them wanted to go back over the mountain to get back to our cars. The mountain had even better flowers than the flat part, but there were also a number of sharp plants and very steep parts. At the Mash site we split the group and the moms went back over the mountain to get the cars while the dads and grandma walked with the kids out to Crags Rd. It was quite a day! I would do it again, just without the children.

Easy back way into Malibu creek state park