Ray Morgan Loop is a 2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Clayton, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 2.0 miles Elevation Gain: 754 feet Route Type: Loop

This park is temporarily closed to vehicular access, meaning there are no parking facilities and parking on roadways is prohibited to protect public health from the COVID-19 pandemic.

Nice and peaceful trial

The trail shown on app was excellent. The line that continues off regular trail was non existent. We tried multiple attempts to find it but were unable. At least we did find a waterfall!

Parking: There is a space passed the trail opening on a curve in the road. Asked a cop that was passing by, it’s legal to park there Saw deer on the trail. Beautiful hike in the morning. When there is water in the stream it makes it so much nicer

Mon Aug 27 2018

I actually don't know about this hike. I attempted to do it and decided to use the feature in the app of getting directions to the trailhead. Because I have never been to My Diablo I trusted I would end up at the trailhead. The app took me to the east side of the My Diablo to some almost unseen openings in the fence to access fire roads, etc. Just want to inform anyone that they may not end up at the trailhead. I would like to try and do the actual hike someday.

Mon Nov 06 2017

Moderate short hike to experience the North face Mt. Diablo fire recovery. Old flood control dams are interesting to see, but during the wet season this hike might be challenging due to high creek flows.