Ray Miller Backbone Trail

Ray Miller Backbone Trail is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Malibu, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Just gorgeous

Awesome training ascent with the best sunset views! Not as crowded as Chumash Trail!

Great hike with a nice cool breeze off the ocean.

Great hike. I didn't go all the way because I wanted to make it back to my car before my parking ticket expired. But great spots to over look the ocean.

Kiana is so right about the need for insect repellent and long pants. Lots of people on the narrow trail (hiked Saturday).

nice hike! love the beach views all the way. recommendations: long pants due to overgrowth and bug spray for all the mosquitos that are in the parking area.

Hiked another couple miles (to the left when the trail forks) to a bit past the water towers. Great hike during the summer with amazing views!

Love this trail. Have hiked it several times. Today was the most overgrown I have ever seen it. Still in really good condition. Still has some pretty yellow flowers. Can't beat the views.

good hike with a nice view! some people might prefer to wear some pants along the trail since there is decent knee high over growth that can get irritating

Be careful of corrosion. I slid off the trail. luckily, there is a lot of brush.

the best.

Great views, beautiful flowers and a great workout!

Love it. This is a gem.

It was a nice hike.We wanted to start from La Jolla Trail (east side) but it had a sign it was closed. So we went from Ray Miller Trail (counter clockwide) of the loop. Wild flowers were blooming everywhere. It was not a clear sky day, but the mist air(marine layer) was coming in and gave such an exceptional view to the area. When we continued on Backbone Overlook - Fire Road trail to Cycamore Canyon Vista Backbone Trail start point, there were many mountain bikers.

The most beautiful Trail I've ever hiked due to California's Superbloom of wildflowers. I would have given it five stars if it was a loop. Stunning.

Nice views however the mustard seed plants have overtaken 5/19/17. Need a machete to pass thru.

Beautiful trail by the ocean, we went in time to see all the wildflowers in bloom.

Gorgeous Views, refreshing ocean breezes & wildflowers. what more can you hope for.

Nice view !!