Rattlesnake Creek Trail

Rattlesnake Creek Trail is a 2.2 mile out and back trail located near Poway, California. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a very pretty little hike. I think this hike would be better in the winter months. It is so hot in August and the creek is dry. When you arrive at this location you might just miss it if you are not careful because there is just a tiny little sign that says trail. There are no bathrooms and no parking lot. There was a trail that went straight and one that went right. I went straight and the trail eventually just ended with some boulders. I would like to go back and explore what happens when you go right. I think it might take you down by the creek.

Nice little walk...feels like you are far away from civilization when you are so close to homes. Watch out, however. A rattlesnake crossed our path and we nearly stepped on it. Didn't even warn us with its rattle. I imagine they'll be a lot of them this year with the rain we've had, so take it easy.

A very nice walk, with fun features. Easy but you can add a little scrambling in for more fun.

Nice hike, the wildflowers are beautiful!

Nice beginners hike

The wildflowers on this trail are going OFF right now. Most flowers in town easily. TONS of poppies and lupine you can see from the drive up to Ramona. Perfect time to get out there!!

Very quaint, simple, but oh so breathtaking. The trail itself ends not very interestingly...before the end, veer off to the left to get to the wall and waterfall, creek. Absolutely gorgeous

geocaching