Rancho Palos Verdes Coastal Trail

Rancho Palos Verdes Coastal Trail is a 5.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Rancho Palos Verdes, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Over 5 miles worth of scenic ocean trails lined with coastal sage, cacti and native vegetation. This area has interesting television history. In 1996, MTV used surrounding areas of the peninsula to film the MTV Beach House. In addition, FOX filmed scenes from the hit show The O.C in the surrounding area and many of the Disney films - Pirates of the Caribbean were photographed right on this coast.

perfect challenges climbing over rocks for the young kids

Gorgeous seashore landscape and few people actually. Almost all the way exposed to sun. No outlet on the east side, you have to get back the same route becuz of private property

Great trail, beautiful area. I prefer doing the trips down to the beach on the way in (get them done). On a hotter day this is a great trail to do, great ocean breezes. Unfortunately I accidentally turned my recorder off for 23 minutes so didn't record over a mile of my hike, bummer, at least my fitbit was recording.

memorys of childhood all over this place my father who always brought us here even spend the night once super cold but amazing experience glad I had the opportunity to leave my mark and footprints all over this beautiful beach♡ and gorgeous sunsets for in love with this place and thankful to my father who made it happen

Very nice scenic trail with options for the whole family. We saw several dolphins near the shore along with rabbits lizards and birds. Easy to medium level trail great for sunrises or sunsets

beautiful hike overlooking coast and tide pools, was disappointed to see that all the pathways down to the coast said "no animals" I was . looking forward to walking my dog on the beach, maybe next time I'll just do it because it was empty. aside from that we enjoyed a much shorter hike along the 2 to 3 miles that we could take our dog.

Beautiful trails, going down to the beach and back up gives you a good workout, and there are several different places to do this at. I really like that there is a good dirt path next to the paved.

Dog-Owners! The main trail here is mostly fine, but some of the side loops off the main trail have cactus lining pretty narrow pathways. Some of the cactus overflows. Mostly observed on the adjacent loops heading up and east, not the side loops heading west to the water.

Side note - Dear Admin, If this trail is owned and run by the Palos Verde conservatory, can we change the name on here? Thank you!

best hike its my fave we go twice a week..so many ways to hike easy trails tough trails dwn to the ocean trail benchs over looking the ocean to have lunch on..

Amazingly scenic. In fact you need to be careful to watch where you are going you don’t run off the edge of the trail and off a cliff.

Lots of hills so it is quite a good workout Especially if you take The switchback trails down to the beach and back.

Beautiful views and great versatility.

Great place. Only draw back no shade. None. Bring a hat and water. Windy too so lip balm would be great too. Beautiful ocean views and some inclines. Especially if you go down to the tide pools. I went on a Sunday and the parking was full when I left. Lot of dogs and most were following the rules and had them leashed. Watch out for bikes. I did not know they allowed them.

Amazing views. Not much of cardio. If you want more workout take couple of to the beach and back sub trails.

Nice hike from my girlfriends condo down to the beach. The short, steeper trail down to the beach was a nice workout coming back up. Weather was perfect today!

Beautiful Hike.. Go USA. Love the American Flag!

Went to the Trump Trails for the first time on Sunday morning, & I fell in love with the trails. Beautiful views to relieve some stress. Less crowded in the morning.

This trail serves multiple purposes and is great for a walk, run, or hike. The trail overlooks the ocean and consists of moderate climbs. It also contains various activity levels so you can casually walk or challenge yourself to increase your heart rate.

Monday, June 19, 2017

Great trail to run .

Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Nice Moderate hike!

Monday, May 29, 2017

Good all around trails. Beach access on a couple trails challenging at most but doable for my 6 year old. Fun all around great views nice rocky beach.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Lots of beautiful trails of the main trail! It was a fun hike and had very challenging potions.

Monday, May 22, 2017

4 stars for scenery. I recommend an early evening hike to catch the sunset. Trails are rather easy.

Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Nice trail . Nice ascending and descending routes. Beautiful scenery rain really change
Things for the better . Will be back for more.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

The view is amazing. Always so peaceful every time I go. I've definitely become a regular.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Started this hike around 11 am on a Tuesday and we only saw a handful of other people. Took a right at the first fork and a right at the second as well. Then walked for about 3 miles on the shore. Definitely need hiking boots or good athletic shoes the rocks aren't stable and move around under your feet. Can easily make this as long or as short of a hike that you want. We walked for about two miles north on the coast and then walked back to the second fork and took the left path. That path is much more steep there are some stairs built into the mountain but they don't make the incline/ decline much easier. Some of the best views in the area. If your lucky you'll see seals we saw plenty of sea life in tide pools.

Sunday, February 05, 2017

Beautiful views

Monday, January 02, 2017

Heavily trafficked but nice views and variety of skill levels with a couple different beach access points. Plenty of free parking near the Trump clubhouse. There is a nice park with picnic tables near the trailhead by the clubhouse.

Saturday, November 19, 2016

A great Saturday morning walk. But don't expect solitude, there were lots of people on he trail even at 7am. Good for me and my dogs. We had fun!

Saturday, November 19, 2016

I was very pleasantly surprised by this trail. I went on a Friday around midday and I only saw a few people in the 5 or so miles that I did.

First of all, the scenery is gorgeous on pretty much every part of it--you are right along the water for a lot of it. Definitely the prettiest hike I've done in PV. Most of it is unpaved except in the area right by the golf course. There isn't much shade, unfortunately, but the coastal breeze helps. Bring water!

Second of all, it really is a truly moderate trail. I followed the map almost exactly, and it has its fair share of hills--you'll be going up and down for about half of it but that makes it a nice workout. I didn't go all the way down to the water on every side trail but that would definitely make it more strenuous because of a steep uphill trek on the way back.

The golf course also has public restrooms and a free parking lot just for people using the trail (golfers aren't allowed).

Would definitely do this one again and recommend it to others!

Sunday, November 06, 2016