Rancho Palos Verdes Coastal Trail

Rancho Palos Verdes Coastal Trail is a 5.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Rancho Palos Verdes, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Over 5 miles worth of scenic ocean trails lined with coastal sage, cacti and native vegetation. This area has interesting television history. In 1996, MTV used surrounding areas of the peninsula to film the MTV Beach House. In addition, FOX filmed scenes from the hit show The O.C in the surrounding area and many of the Disney films - Pirates of the Caribbean were photographed right on this coast.

Loved this trail. Scenic rout along the beach and there are so many option of trails to explore.

Trails in Trump golfcourse. Beautiful views down by rock beaches. Waves crashing, multiple trails.

Great hike good mix of easy and hard course depending on the routes you take

If your looking for a scenic yet relaxing hike, then this is the place to go. I went with a friend and we enjoyed it very much . Nearby parking is at Trumps golf course (it's small lot, but hopefully you can find a spot)

Beautiful place to walk/hike along the ocean! You turn on Trump Nat’l Drive into golf course then hang a left, there’s free parking/no time limit but the lot isn’t huge. There are picnic tables off the greens to chill. You can do the main easy trail (some parts paved) with ocean views or hike one-off steeper trails to the beaches. I hadn’t hiked in years and I was fine with all. Says “No Animals” on beaches (probably just for safety, it’s all rocks) so use your judgement :) I will be going back!

It was a bit confusing trying to find where to begin the hike but just walk through the golf course and signs will lead you to the trail. Keep going along the rocks and the trail will continue. I ended up just going along the beach (rocky and sandy) bring sunscreen, a camelback, a sheet to lay on the beach if you want to take a break and enjoy the scenery. Loved it because there was not a lot of people at all and I came on a Sunday afternoon.

perfect challenges climbing over rocks for the young kids

Gorgeous seashore landscape and few people actually. Almost all the way exposed to sun. No outlet on the east side, you have to get back the same route becuz of private property

Great trail, beautiful area. I prefer doing the trips down to the beach on the way in (get them done). On a hotter day this is a great trail to do, great ocean breezes. Unfortunately I accidentally turned my recorder off for 23 minutes so didn't record over a mile of my hike, bummer, at least my fitbit was recording.

memorys of childhood all over this place my father who always brought us here even spend the night once super cold but amazing experience glad I had the opportunity to leave my mark and footprints all over this beautiful beach♡ and gorgeous sunsets for in love with this place and thankful to my father who made it happen

Very nice scenic trail with options for the whole family. We saw several dolphins near the shore along with rabbits lizards and birds. Easy to medium level trail great for sunrises or sunsets

beautiful hike overlooking coast and tide pools, was disappointed to see that all the pathways down to the coast said "no animals" I was . looking forward to walking my dog on the beach, maybe next time I'll just do it because it was empty. aside from that we enjoyed a much shorter hike along the 2 to 3 miles that we could take our dog.

Beautiful trails, going down to the beach and back up gives you a good workout, and there are several different places to do this at. I really like that there is a good dirt path next to the paved.

Dog-Owners! The main trail here is mostly fine, but some of the side loops off the main trail have cactus lining pretty narrow pathways. Some of the cactus overflows. Mostly observed on the adjacent loops heading up and east, not the side loops heading west to the water.

Side note - Dear Admin, If this trail is owned and run by the Palos Verde conservatory, can we change the name on here? Thank you!

best hike its my fave we go twice a week..so many ways to hike easy trails tough trails dwn to the ocean trail benchs over looking the ocean to have lunch on..

Amazingly scenic. In fact you need to be careful to watch where you are going you don’t run off the edge of the trail and off a cliff.

Lots of hills so it is quite a good workout Especially if you take The switchback trails down to the beach and back.

Beautiful views and great versatility.

Monday, December 11, 2017

Great place. Only draw back no shade. None. Bring a hat and water. Windy too so lip balm would be great too. Beautiful ocean views and some inclines. Especially if you go down to the tide pools. I went on a Sunday and the parking was full when I left. Lot of dogs and most were following the rules and had them leashed. Watch out for bikes. I did not know they allowed them.

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Amazing views. Not much of cardio. If you want more workout take couple of to the beach and back sub trails.

Monday, September 04, 2017

Nice hike from my girlfriends condo down to the beach. The short, steeper trail down to the beach was a nice workout coming back up. Weather was perfect today!

Monday, September 04, 2017

Beautiful Hike.. Go USA. Love the American Flag!

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Went to the Trump Trails for the first time on Sunday morning, & I fell in love with the trails. Beautiful views to relieve some stress. Less crowded in the morning.

Sunday, July 23, 2017

This trail serves multiple purposes and is great for a walk, run, or hike. The trail overlooks the ocean and consists of moderate climbs. It also contains various activity levels so you can casually walk or challenge yourself to increase your heart rate.

Monday, June 19, 2017

Great trail to run .

Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Nice Moderate hike!

Monday, May 29, 2017

Good all around trails. Beach access on a couple trails challenging at most but doable for my 6 year old. Fun all around great views nice rocky beach.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Lots of beautiful trails of the main trail! It was a fun hike and had very challenging potions.

Monday, May 22, 2017

4 stars for scenery. I recommend an early evening hike to catch the sunset. Trails are rather easy.

Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Nice trail . Nice ascending and descending routes. Beautiful scenery rain really change
Things for the better . Will be back for more.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

The view is amazing. Always so peaceful every time I go. I've definitely become a regular.